Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Article about: by ToxicGas I meant to add that to my list! I never understood the point in 'De-Nazifying' objects that no longer serve a post-war purpose... if you're going to destroy it, why not just thro

?

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Save your money.... they are mostly fakes imo and you would only be helping the fakers.

?

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

I'm actually in that position now, a dealer I have bought from in he past has a dreidel dug up in a ghetto area...I contacted the holocaust museum here for some advice....

SS skulls and eagles.
    Most paper items (I am clumsy, so I either lose or ruin these).
    Dog tags.
    Hmm... I know there is more.....
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

To be honest, I don't really see the difference between camp items and militaria. WWII was hell, not just for people in camps. Although I don't personally see the appeal (Camp items are much like trench art, you can't really collect anything specific.) I wouldn't really feel the need to criticise someone who does.

I know that many of you will disagree so for this thread's sake, and for this forum's sake, please fire lightly.

?

I'm not into criticizing anyone for what they collect, there are some no go areas for me personaly, but I am not about to critcise anyone for collecting those items....there are people who find what I collect quite confronting, but it's funny, once you sit down with them and explain why, in a intelligent way, most see the point....that's why a lot of us collect, apart from enjoying it ourselves, it can also educate....

?

From a Third Reich point of view, the drivers badges, very unattractive and almost pointless. Wound badges do nothing for me either but at some point I may end up with some. I'm in no hurry to buy any though.
    I'm not sure this thread was started to discuss the rights and wrongs of Holocaust collecting and being an emotive issue I suggest that type of discussion ends here and gets back on track as per the title of the thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I'm trying to find as many drivers badges as I can!!!! I'm an ex army driver, so that's probaly why.....I found out recently it was designed by a SS Mann...

No SS for me, its way too expensive, i rather spent the same amount of money on HJ. stuff and get more ....

i try not to buy anything axis related or from a KIA/MIA i know this limits my collection but i need a good nights Sleep...

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Most paper items (I am clumsy, so I either lose or ruin these).
    Same thing here!!
    AND the fact they can be so easely faked!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast