Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Article about: by ToxicGas I meant to add that to my list! I never understood the point in 'De-Nazifying' objects that no longer serve a post-war purpose... if you're going to destroy it, why not just thro

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Something that has blood on it. I do not believe in ghosts, but having something in my room that has the blood of a fallen soldier just creeps me out.

?

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

For me, the only thing I can really think of is HJ stuff. Once again, I've nothing against collecting it, the idea of the organisation itself just doesn't appeal to me all that much. Oh, and Hitler stamps, I have boatloads of them and I'm really starting to hate them.

?

Hello

I personally would not collect daggers as they do not appeal to me and nor do uniforms ...

Kind regards
    Alex

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I could never get myself to spend hundreds of dollars on SS cap skulls. If I could blow that kind of money on cap skulls then I would just save for a complete cap.

I would take a cheap or free cap skull anyday though.
    Cheap or free is definitely the way to go! If only it were always an option. I was prepared to pay a lot for mine, but was lucky enough to get it cheap!

As for me:
    -Most Allied militaria (except for some weapons and gas masks).
    -Field gear (except for gas masks).
    -Dog tags.
    -Cloth insignia.
    -Side-caps.
    -Vehicle / wreckage parts.
    -Relics that barely resemble their original form.

(I find the above unappealing or boring as objects, even though I find the history to which they belonged interesting. I have a wide interest in war history and specifically the Third Reich, but collect on a basis of what is aesthetically interesting.)

As for other reasons, I pretty much echo what has been said a few times:
    -Badly damaged and/or bloody helmets, just seems a bit morbid.
    -Concentration camp items (except for SS uniform). There's just no reason to for me, they're not militaria nor are they interestingly designed things, just unfortunate objects.

There's probably more things to list, but those are what come to mind.

Mat

De-nazified items !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    De-nazified items !

Nick
    I meant to add that to my list! I never understood the point in 'De-Nazifying' objects that no longer serve a post-war purpose... if you're going to destroy it, why not just throw it away? It's more understandable if it were something practical De-Nazified for public use perhaps.

Mat

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Items which are not instantly identifiable as military/police items. Such as mugs or silverware.

Eg: "Here's a RAF issue tea cup." "Huh, looks pretty normal to me."

I mean no disrespect to people who do collect that sort of thing, but (excuse the pun), it's just not my cup of tea.

Nitram

I personally don't care for cloth items, de-nazified items, ground-dug or relic items. Nor do I care for fake items passed off as authentic. Mostly due to pricing and the vast amounts of fakery, I would pass on most SS stuff. I think the prayer cards for KIA's bring the reality of the war home in a more personal way. I do think they should be handled with great care and respect, however.
    Wouldn't care for any KZ items, either. Although things like that should be preserved so that some memory of them, and the people behind them, can be maintained.
    I mostly like things with wood and metal in them.

Bundeswehr, DDR items and 1957 awards
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast