Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria Stores in Denmark and Germany

Article about: Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and also just moved to Copenhagen Denmark from the US. Just a quick question. Does anybody know of good places to buy WWII items in Denmark and Germany?

seismicwave
    ?

Default Militaria Stores in Denmark and Germany

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and also just moved to Copenhagen Denmark from the US. Just a quick question. Does anybody know of good places to buy WWII items in Denmark and Germany? Places with a store front that you can walk in and see things? I am sure there are plenty and any advice would be appreciated. Please send addresses if you can.

Thanks,

Rob

?

Default Re: Militaria Stores in Denmark and Germany

Hi Rob , and welcome to the forum , i`m sure you will enjoy it ! There are several lads in that part of the world who i`m sure can help you .

cheers Al

Quote by seismicwave View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and also just moved to Copenhagen Denmark from the US. Just a quick question. Does anybody know of good places to buy WWII items in Denmark and Germany? Places with a store front that you can walk in and see things? I am sure there are plenty and any advice would be appreciated. Please send addresses if you can.

Thanks,

Rob
    One I can think of and I had gone into was a Antiques and Militaria shop in Goslar on Breitestrasse which was owned by a Gent with the last name of Menzel. The first room was filled only with Imperial stuff like Bier steins of all sizes (military only) as wella s uniforms, medal bars aand all knids of other awards-helmets etc. This is the kind of shop that "dreams are made of" and it was open when Susanne and I were in Goslar. However, that was almost 9 years ago and I do not know if he is still at that location or not?

Anyway, the second room was filled with antique glassware and things non military related. The third room was hugge-and the walls wrer literally "painted" black because he had thousands of bayonets and hundreds of swords hanging from them-and a glass counter that had hundreds of thousands of original snapshot sized pics stacked in it and in big boxes behind the counter.

His basement was where all the WWII "Goodies" were stored. I wound up spending in 2000 currency values-about $400 and also did a trade for another $200 worth of stuff-and he also gave me three antique Silver Schnapps glasses. Susanne wound up buying a Kriegsmarine Officers jacket-for wearing in Wintertime.

At that time, Detlev Niemann had a place you could walk into-as well as some other dealers in Hamburg.

Jan
    ?

Advertising isnt good (

Apt Pupil
    ?

Any good dealers in Berlin? I am going there this summer

Jan
    ?

No adverts here please.

Hi Jan-and with all respect but, why is advertising dealers not a good thing? Most are known by the world community already and many more are waiting in the wings-to be discovered ;-)) Also, one can always keep a few favorites a secret and nobody will be wise to it ;-))

Cheers--C.

Jan
    ?

Just thought that advertising wasn´t what i looked for on this site... but after I´ve given it a second thought... why not

Hi Jan,I couldn't say but--that's the only way I can see that I could answer that guys question;-)) I Don't know if it broke any rules or not>but nobody has threatened to have me Drawn and Quartered for doing so ;-))

Members who have read this thread: 1