Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria Subscription Box?

Article about: Good morning fellow collectors, You may have noticed that I've been out of the collecting community for a while. That's because I've been focused on my new business venture... The Toy Box! (

Default Militaria Subscription Box?

Good morning fellow collectors,

You may have noticed that I've been out of the collecting community for a while.

That's because I've been focused on my new business venture... The Toy Box! (The Toy Box)

I'm in no way promoting it on this forum but in short its a subscription box bringing nostalgic toys to customers. Customers can subscribe monthly to this service or make a one-off purchase. There's currently three boxes; the 80s box, 90/2000s box and Girls 90/2000s box and each box contains a video game, action figure, trading cards, comic and some misc. items.

This new venture has been fairly successful; however, I was considering expanding the service to the militaria market - my true passion.

This idea is in its infancy but I was just putting it out there to see what the general response and feeling towards this idea is...

So here it is!

Theres two boxes an Imperial German (WW1/pre WW1 era) and a Third Reich (WW2/1933-45) one. A box will include 10 postcards/photographs (value - £15-20), a medal/badge (value - £15-20), x2 misc items e.g. documents, field gear, ribbon bars etc. etc. (£5-10 each). Total value will be £40 - £60.

The main selling point of this is that that contents will be worth more than the purchase price, its a nice surprise each month and adds some extra passion into collecting.

So I was thinking about pricing these boxes at £30.00 each including postage (within UK).

Items will be nicely dispatched in a custom made brown envelope or box with leaflet etc so would also make a nice gift for a special someone.

I'd love some feedback to hear what you think about it?

Thank you, Glen

My partner subscribes to a similar thing. Think its called a Geek Box or something, comes with all kinds of nerdy novelties. The only obstacle I can see is the obvious one of, whereas your Toy Box can include cheaply made new items if old stocks run dry, what happens if you cannot lay your hands on genuine examples of Imperial/ TR militaria? Once you start offering genuine items you can't very well start supplementing them with repros if demand outstrips supply.

That being said, if you are sitting on a large stockpile of such things then good luck to you. Although it might take away the thrill of the hunt for some, it would be a good way for beginners to start to build a collection.