MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

modern helmets

Article about: just a daft topic really i collect ww2 helmets and collect ones from each main country but was thinking what the alternatives are ,if you collect modern helmets would you not just have a roo

Default modern helmets

just a daft topic really i collect ww2 helmets and collect ones from each main country but was thinking what the alternatives are ,if you collect modern helmets would you not just have a room full of identical pasgt helmets as most countries use these now ,when back in the 40's the helmet designs were quite diverse , also i never realised the fritz helmet was developed in the 1970's all i can say is the germans must of got the design just right if were still using that design 70 years prior

cheers james

Default Re: modern helmets

Agree, the germans revolutioned the look of the combat helmet.
    They were pioners in almost everything.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Default Re: modern helmets

James...it depends on what you deem the word "modern" to mean (in collecting terms), i.e. right upto date or just post WW2 ? I have recently made the decision to collect Bundeswehr items, particularly steel helmets and caps, as I am finding Imperial German items to be a tad expensive these days ! (I have always had a soft spot for the Bundeswehr) so I have switched to more modern items, and unexpectivly I am enjoying this new sphere of collecting, more research, more pitfalls, and of course more room needed to display ! There are plenty of helmets to collect, not just the Gefechtshelm Model 826 (the German equivalent of the U.S. PAS GT), I believe the range can be just as diverse as collecting wartime helmets/caps.
    Prost ! Steve.