Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Modern Israeli Medals

Article about: Hey guys, Is there, by chance, anyone here who knows a little about Israel medals? There is one I am interested in and I'd like some advice on if its real, commonly copied and if the price i

Default Modern Israeli Medals

Hey guys,

Is there, by chance, anyone here who knows a little about Israel medals? There is one I am interested in and I'd like some advice on if its real, commonly copied and if the price is right.

Price is $69.

Thanks, Tzipi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Modern Israeli Medals

Great to see obscure but important medals from around the globe...........that we do not see on a regular basis. I would search the internet, wikipedia, medal dealers etc...much as what I what I would have to do, but much more satisfying when you find the answers yourself....unless some one here knows what it is. I doubt these are copied, at the moment, but sadly if there is value to it, we will see the fakers at work !
    Prost ! Steve.

It took me less than 4 minutes to find on Wikipedia......Fighters against Nazis Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If I can do this, you can do this..................
    Prost ! Steve.

Well done Steve. Great Medal, wouldn't mind having one in my collection. I've also always wanted to start a collection of memorabilia from the six day war(מלחמת ששת הימים).

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Well done Steve. Great Medal, wouldn't mind having one in my collection. I've also always wanted to start a collection of memorabilia from the six day war(מלחמת ששת הימים).
    Hi,i love these Israeli items,i only have a couple of shirts,one is the Golani brigade and I believe the other is a press officer in a tank unit(any readers of Hebrew please correct me on the shoulder titles if i'm wrong!!)I personally feel this area of collecting is very interesting. Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi,i love these Israeli items,i only have a couple of shirts,one is the Golani brigade and I believe the other is a press officer in a tank unit(any readers of Hebrew please correct me on the shoulder titles if i'm wrong!!)I personally feel this area of collecting is very interesting. Leon.
    Great items!!! You inspire me. Golani Briadge is חטיבת גולני and Press officer is קצין העיתונות I believe. I always find English and Hebrew strange when written together. When reading it, it can become quite confusing.

I know what the medal is that's why I want it!

I'd love to start Collecting Israeli militaria as well as WW2 and this medal is a bit of both!

- - Updated - -

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Great items!!! You inspire me. Golani Briadge is חטיבת גולני and Press officer is קצין העיתונות I believe. I always find English and Hebrew strange when written together. When reading it, it can become quite confusing.
    Haha! You get used to it

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi,i love these Israeli items. I personally feel this area of collecting is very interesting. Leon.
    I agree !.............great pieces you have there Leon. I have only seen the Isreali defence force helmets and covers for sale, very little else....but I would imagine there is little surplus, as nearly all Isreali's are reservists, and ready for war at any given time, given the political implications of the region...........so they have to keep their uniforms etc at the ready, so to speak !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    I agree !.............great pieces you have there Leon. I have only seen the Isreali defence force helmets and covers for sale, very little else....but I would imagine there is little surplus, as nearly all Isreali's are reservists, and ready for war at any given time, given the political implications of the region...........so they have to keep their uniforms etc at the ready, so to speak !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve,when I was in Israel about 3 years ago I could see the Golani brigade troops in northern Galilee around the area of the Golan heights,i just had to have one of those shirts!! It took me quite a while to locate one so I am happy as larry to have it!! Leon.