Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"The Monuments Men"

Article about: Great report sir , will see it when it reaches Australia .

Default "The Monuments Men"

Off the see "The Monuments Men" tonight. Seen the previews. Looks like a bit of fun and at least it draws attention to a prehaps forgotten part of WW2.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looking forward to your review Ade

I may go this week

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I will be awaiting the report ade

I did watch recently a documentry behind the real monuments men ,
    Had narration from George cloony , brad Pitt
    And a few movie scenes .

The real monuments men look like the actors a lot !

Have a good time Ade....

Don't be stuffing your face with too much popcorn and coke. (The liquid variety)

JMM
    ?

Planing on seing it next week. As Adrian said it does draw attention to a somehow forgotten part of WWII, specially the one that great woman took - Rose Valland
    Cate Blanchett's character, Claire Simone is loosely based on her

?

I have seen it already and i would definitely recommend it! Great movie especially for history lovers. (They did get the flags on Göring's car wrong but me and my buddy were looking for mistakes for fun)

do they tell the whole story of recovery then some of it vanishes.

Lez and I watched it last night.

We really enjoyed it! The whole tone of the film is fairly light hearted with serveral funny moments, which is only brought back to reality in a few places. The props dept have done a very good job and are to be commended. The uniforms and especially vehicles, are good. There are some bloopers: SD officer with EKII and DKiG but no EKI. As Dan mentioned Goring is driven by Heer troops and just has a simple swastika flag on his car. But nit picking is always part of the fun!

I think it convays the story pretty well of how things were looted and then recovered and then returned to the rightful owners. The film ends with a series of original historical photos.

Well worth seeing, but do not expect a blood and guts action movie. Three teenagers who were in the cinema walked out half way through.

All in all, well done to the makers and George Clooney.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast