Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Most convincing 'Nazi' in films

Article about: I have to disagree, the film it's self was a disappointment- I really like Ed Harris though

I have to disagree, the film it's self was a disappointment- I really like Ed Harris though

Quote by DougB View Post
    How about the creepy Gestapo officer from Raiders of the Lost Ark?
    Definitely creepy, but not so much convincing than a deliberate embodyment of filmic Gestapo officer clichés; a caricature, even.

My favorite moment is when he is on that hot mediterranean island , all decked out in his dark suit , black leather coat and black hat and clearly sweating his butt off. Well, of course he is dressed like that: Hollywood has taught us that this how every Gestapo man dresssed, 24/7 and all year round!

I really enjoyed "Enemy at the Gates" but I enjoy most war movies. If you can ignore the mistakes and inaccuracies they can still be quite entertaining, most of them don't try to set out to be documentories they generally are just pure entertainment. I even enjoyed "U571", yes it was disappointing that they used the enigma machine as the base for their story, they could have invented any fictitious reason for trying to board a U boat, but that aside, for me at least, it was still good fun.

I think we may need a set of voting buttons for 'Battle of the Bulge'- "Triumph" or "Tragedy"!

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Definitely creepy, but not so much convincing than a deliberate embodyment of filmic Gestapo officer clichés; a caricature, even.

My favorite moment is when he is on that hot mediterranean island , all decked out in his dark suit , black leather coat and black hat and clearly sweating his butt off. Well, of course he is dressed like that: Hollywood has taught us that this how every Gestapo man dresssed, 24/7 and all year round!
    That's what I mean, he is the embodiment of the "Nazi" LOL.

Quote by DougB View Post
    How about the creepy Gestapo officer from Raiders of the Lost Ark?
    He was the actor Ronald Lacey, and also played the (uncredited) part of Heinrich Himmler in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' another of the 'Raiders' series of films. A fine character actor, he died of cancer in 1991.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    He was the actor Ronald Lacey, and also played the (uncredited) part of Heinrich Himmler in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' another of the 'Raiders' series of films. A fine character actor, he died of cancer in 1991.
    Quite right; a fine actor.

A bit of trivia: He sort-of-reprised his Raiders role in the Hong Kong-made action comedy Aces Go Places 4 (AKA Mad Mission 4) where he played a remarkably similiar villain (seen at 0:32 and 2:46):

MAD MISSION 4 : You never die twice Trailer (Aces go Places 4) - YouTube

(Pretty silly stuff, to be honest; but I have to admit that my 15-year-old self loved it when it came out in 1986.)

It's Hans Landa for me. Christoph Waltz is my favorite actor. I think he is the most convincing Nazi because he adds that 'German touch' that British and American actors can never get quite right. He also has this eerie way of making you feel like being a Nazi is somehow acceptable. He lures you in with logic and then completely screws with your mind afterwards. I'm no movie critic, but it was an excellent performance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cant forget Anthony Valentine as Major Mohn in the excellent Colditz series !!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast