Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My "40,s" 40th!!

Article about: Hello chaps , I thought I would just share this image of myself dressed as my grandfather in his 1945 Foresters battledress. I will be wearing this battledress at my 40th birthday(1940's) fa

Default My "40,s" 40th!!

Hello chaps , I thought I would just share this image of myself dressed as my grandfather in his 1945 Foresters battledress. I will be wearing this battledress at my 40th birthday(1940's) fancy dress party. My grandfather is still with us at the age of 87 and is coming wearing his 1st wave D-Day battledress(3rd infantry division Lincoln Regiment) Should be a good night!! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Strong family resemblance there mate!...

?

Looks superb Leon, great job! Sorry we can't be there, hope that you have a great day.

Best,

Carl

p.s. Look after those uniforms.

superb comparison photo leon and with the same uniform ,amazing ,can i ask do you normally sport a tashe ,many happy returns for your big birthday ,all the best james

Totally spiffing old boylooks amazing Leon,done pops proudhave a great special Birthday and evening bash......

Quote by James C View Post
    superb comparison photo leon and with the same uniform ,amazing ,can i ask do you normally sport a tashe ,many happy returns for your big birthday ,all the best james
    Thanks fella's, I think my grandfather is looking forward to the night as much as me! James my friend , I do not normally sport a tashe(nor what little hair I am wearing)! A clean shave as a rule!! No worries that you and you good lady cannot make it Carl, I will send you a picture of the mess afterwards!!! Leon.

What an amazing thing to do !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    What an amazing thing to do !!

Nick
    Thanks Nick , I am sure there have been a thousand "Churchill's" at parties but only the one Pte Victor Portway!! Leon.

Here is a picture of my Grandfather taken just before D-Day, he "hit" the beach near Ouistreham about 18 mins after the commandos landed(his memory not mine!!) A bit of a "balls" as usual as he was supposed to be 3rd wave re-enforcements with the Hampshire Regiment but was instantly turned into a Lincoln by the Beach Commander(with his mates) as the Hamps were not due for some time!!! Still he made it until D-Day +42 and was then wounded by morter fire 25 miles inland(hence the wound stripe on the 1945 Foresters tunic). Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice that he's still here with you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast