MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My famous 105MM apds???

Article about: So i was watching a youtube video. I like this guys channel as he speaks about tanks and other issues. His new video about Ajrun tank and why its bad caught my eye, at 17.08 a very familiar

?

Default My famous 105MM apds???

So i was watching a youtube video. I like this guys channel as he speaks about tanks and other issues.

His new video about Ajrun tank and why its bad caught my eye, at 17.08 a very familiar APDS projectile appears....

On one hand its cool my shell was used in a video. On the other hand it feels weird.
    1A6DEC9C-1979-495B-A5B7-441C2AA533B6.jpg

Link to video

YouTube

It would have been nice if they'd asked you first, but this is what the forum is for. It's nice to know that this place serves as a source of information for people outside of the user base.

Consider yourself lucky. I haven't seen any of my photographs spring up anywhere else yet!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. I haven't seen any of my photographs spring up anywhere else yet!

B.B.
    Who knows, maybe your pictures are already everywhere and you didn't notice them yet
    Luis

I've had photographs of items in my collection appearing in other people's articles before now. And the worse case of this was at my public book launch of: 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown,' The launch was a dual author affair - with the other author being Ken Wharton who has written several books on the 'Troubles.' The launch was held at the 'Peace Centre' here in Warrington and was organised by mine & Ken's publisher. We both had to give a talk, and Ken went first, and all the time was talking there was a slide show playing behind him. I was horrified to see that he had used MY photographs which I had taken in New Lodge - Belfast in 1974, with out even bothering to ask for my permission.

Rather sadly, this goes on much more than people realise. Once your pictures are put in the public domain, you more or less lose control of them.

?

Yeah I can’t angry since was my choice to post them to begin with. I have contacted the guy saying some stuff. Nothing angry or demanding an apology just a introduction

...or you could watermark your pics...folk dont like it but, sadly, its a good way to stop them being used again...'not 100% effective but it puts a marker down....literally

?

It was suggested to me by Brodie! I could easily use Snapchat for it

nowadays folk grab and use anything they want......and work on a "sue-me" basis......F-ing up the pics for those people kinda messes up their plans........

That said...it can cost a fortune to LEGALLY use other folks pics in say a book....there's tens of thousands of great pics of global conflicts sitting in a small number of massive collections which we cant (legally) use without paying the fees......add a watermark.

I've also seen a few of my pictures turn up elsewhere on the interwebb.
    I can't say that I'm happy about it butI know how that can happen.

So far any of my pictures that have been used in print has been done with permission.
    (as far as I know)
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I watermark all of the photos I post.
    At least that way, unless they remove them, I still know that they are my photos. ( I would recognize them anyways).
    This way, I still get credit anyways.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-28-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)