Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first Wakizashi from Edo period 1600 to 1700

Article about: hello fellas i resently told some people that i could obtain a verry nice whakizashi from a fellow collector of japanese items and i bought it look at this beauty and give your opinions chee

Default My first Wakizashi from Edo period 1600 to 1700

hello fellas

i resently told some people that i could obtain a verry nice whakizashi from a fellow collector of japanese items
    and i bought it

look at this beauty and give your opinions

cheers guys hope you like it
    oh its still razor sharp has a wavy hamon and the tsuba is signed bushu ju masahisa

first of many nihonto swords [collectable swords]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default re: My first Wakizashi from Edo period 1600 to 1700

and staff of this forum thank you for the congratulations with my 19 birthday

Hi Jacob, I don't know anything about Japanese blades, but I would really like to own an example of one someday.

Hope you had a great birthday!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jacob, I don't know anything about Japanese blades, but I would really like to own an example of one someday.

Hope you had a great birthday!

Cheers, Ade.
    hi ade

i had a great birthday and one i will not forget soon
    my gift was an hour flying in a glider airplane
    and the location was near the old luftwaffe airport deelen [near arnhem] the clubs name is terlet and excists cince 1932
    so who knows ho trained there during there hj times

i can get some more old katana`s wakizashi`s and tanto`s for a really nice price some of them has regitration papers from japan
    some have not but they are in really nice to good condition

cheers jacob

Hi Jacob, I had five glider flying lessons from Lez for my 40th Birthday. A great day out!

I have been to Deelen several times to the little museum there

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: My first Wakizashi from Edo period 1600 to 1700

hi ade

really nice houwe they shoot you to 400 m high
    i did get to 800 meters and the instructor told me that i could fly
    if i wanted to but wanted to enjoy the view as it was a really nice sunny and claudy day the hour want by like just a minute

feld a little stupid when i got back on the ground i really wanted to make some pictures from out the cockpit

but next time better

?

Hi Jacob , just thought i`d show you one of my japanese shin gunto swords , this example is a lovely slender old koto period ( pre 1500 ) family blade , with an unmarked tang that has been fitted with army mounts and a nice top quality cut through tsuba . The balance feels fantastic in hand . I love this sword

cheers Al
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jakob-
    Congratulations on obtaining a nice example. The blade appears to be in quite good condition and without flaws. The mounting is 19th century pre Meiji period. The blade is possibly contemporary with the mounts. It is quite difficult to give an opinion on the age of a blade strictly from photographs. Certain aspects can be seen such as type and color of steel utilized. The blade was likely one of a group order from a feudal daimyo for distribution to his samurai. This would account for the lack of signature. Contract mass order pieces were not signed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

hi all

that sword is really beautyfull congrats whit that one
    and i just got an email from yes i know a fraud pawel nowak
    that he has a katana and a tanto for sail whitch he would love to sell to me for 1150 us dollars dombass

i just bought a swordstand for it whit place for another sword
    i can buy a ww2 tanto in full leather cheat pics comming also when i got this one in my collection
    did you see that the kodzuka is missing in the saya[scabbard]
    i found that one just 1 minute ago

cheers j

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Jakob-
    Congratulations on obtaining a nice example. The blade appears to be in quite good condition and without flaws. The mounting is 19th century pre Meiji period. The blade is possibly contemporary with the mounts. It is quite difficult to give an opinion on the age of a blade strictly from photographs. Certain aspects can be seen such as type and color of steel utilized. The blade was likely one of a group order from a feudal daimyo for distribution to his samurai. This would account for the lack of signature. Contract mass order pieces were not signed.
    hi bob

thanks for your reply
    do you maybe know if i can get this kind of item on registration papers i mean those japanese id cards whit info about the maker/school

thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast