Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Friends recent swap disasters ! Should we have a thread just to post fake items ?

Article about: I didn't want to post the images on the forum where original pieces are viewed but wondered if a sub forum just to compare copies would work ? My friend obtained these in a deal done outside

Default My Friends recent swap disasters ! Should we have a thread just to post fake items ?

I didn't want to post the images on the forum where original pieces are viewed but wondered if a sub forum just to compare copies would work ? My friend obtained these in a deal done outside in the dark and the result is in the pics . Each piece traded at over £100 . The two SS eagles are obviously crude, the cross was traded as a War Merit (!!) but is a fantasy incomplete Spanish Cross as far as I can tell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow!
    Sorry to hear that. Your friend should become more informed before he makes any more purchases.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

151.73 USD!!!!!Each???

"deal done outside in the dark"

????????????????????????????????????

Unless we are talking to a hooker, He should have bought some quality booze at least he would have the hangover the next day to know he had something!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Ouch! I hope he treats it as a learning experience and posts pics first in future.

Ha , Nice one Phil !
    My friends too trusting . Ive urged him to join the forum ! The above were swapped for an original kreigsmarine matrose rig .......

Hi Rob, that is dreadful!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes . I hope he gets the matrose rig back as it was a desirable set , square rig, breast adler etc . I was reading an article called ' Replica or Fake' by Richard k Riehn for the US Campaign mag back in the 70s . Great article ....for instance;
    ' ...the world is full of bargain hunters, forever on the lookout for a killing. They are like an accident waiting to happen. They go on wheeling and dealing until, thinking they have taken someone else to the cleaners, suddenly find themselves thoroughly laundered.
    Remember, even the best fakers can cheat you only with your cooperation. You'll never be able to eliminate mistakes from your life, but you can surely try to make them few and small.'

Oops, I don't think you wanted to do that!

Your mate was well and truly laundered Rob, doing deals in the dark, not the way to do it. IMFO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.