Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

My friends totally chewed me out for saying I've collected some thins from the Third Reich

Article about: You figure people would freak out when they see Russian stuff.. Considering how "good " their past is. The major reason nazis are hated is becuase of the Holocuast(reslulted in 6 m

jh92
    ?

Default Re: My friends totally chewed me out for saying I've collected some thins from the Third Reich

You figure people would freak out when they see Russian stuff.. Considering how "good " their past is. The major reason nazis are hated is becuase of the Holocuast(reslulted in 6 milion deaths), well Stalin had 20 milion Russian Citizens killed. I am not defending either side!!! I hate them both, just pointing out something...

?

Default Re: My friends totally chewed me out for saying I've collected some thins from the Third Reich

Quote by Awesome View Post
    My friends have known for awhile about some of the American-type things I have, and they've thought it was all damn cool, my m1 helmet, the medal or two that I own, the pearl harbor newspaper clipping, but the SECOND that I told them that I owned a nazi armband, I casually told them on facebook, they all FREAKED OUT and started sending me hateful messages about how, if I'm a nazi, they can't be my friend anymore, and since I support nazis that I'm not going to have any friends anymore, they TOTALLY got the wrong idea. That doesn't even make any sense, why jump to conclusions like that? I just thought I would write it here among fellow collectors.
    The problem is that some people see collecting WWII items as some form of sexual perversion or as I call them "Why the hell would you want that" brigade. People just can't see beyond what the item is or the significant period of history that the item represents. As to your friends it does seem a little sort sight of them to condemn you as a fascist or Nazi type of supporter due to have a items that belonged to the other side or the bad guys to use a film term, which help to balance up your collection. I know that many vets brought German items back with them, many of which were marked with all the emblems of the Nazi ideology that you can think of, so does this make every Vet including my great Uncle Stanley a Nazi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm some how I think not. I'd keep your Nazi items and lose those friends, as real friends would understand your interests and be prejudiced by a knee jerk reaction to a situation that they have not really given much consideration.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

jh92
    ?

Quote by Nige H View Post
    The problem is that some people see collecting WWII items as some form of sexual perversion or as I call them "Why the hell would you want that" brigade. People just can't see beyond what the item is or the significant period of history that the item represents. As to your friends it does seem a little sort sight of them to condemn you as a fascist or Nazi type of supporter due to have a items that belonged to the other side or the bad guys to use a film term, which help to balance up your collection. I know that many vets brought German items back with them, many of which were marked with all the emblems of the Nazi ideology that you can think of, so does this make every Vet including my great Uncle Stanley a Nazi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm some how I think not. I'd keep your Nazi items and lose those friends, as real friends would understand your interests and be prejudiced by a knee jerk reaction to a situation that they have not really given much consideration.

Nige.
    I agree! Concerning what your friedns I will tell you what my Advanced placement cheistry teacher told my class, MOST PEOPLE ARE DUMB

?

Hello

I try too keep my hobby to my self I have one or two close friends that I show my collection too I try to explan that german solders where also men and not all where monsters as they where shown to be !

Its been a pain with builders coming I'n recently i moved a lot of my collection but they saw a gun and cloud not understand why I liked things that caused mutilation and took lifes There words not mine...

I would not have put any info what so ever I'n face book !

My classmates learn about the war from call of duty and killing nazi zombies.
    i learn from WRF and books.
    They judge me by my interests.
    i judge them from thier way of looking at the war and thinking everything is cool and drawing pictures of AK47s makes them popular.

i have only one true friend and he is my neighbour. at first he was amazed at my collection and asked a million questions. (i only sarted collecting 10 months ago, how time flies ). then as i got more and more stuff he started telling me about jews and the camps. i already know that what they did was horrible. he started to understand and now he is the only friend i show my collection to.

when i started collecting i had it all on a table. that was fine for a while untill i realized that friends are more important and i hid my collection in a box. (my medals and pictures). but when they say my swiss helmet is german I tell them its not. They think i am some german nazi freak. it upsets me. but this forum is my getaway and i feel at home with people who understand my interest. Facebook is horrible, my friends are all on it but after a day it grew boring.
    My friends are the people who understand me and thats you guys

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234