Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My granddad

Article about: Well it's a couple days after my 1 year of joining this forum I joined on 8-18-12 for this post I would like to share a photo of my grandad. His name is Norman, and he served during WWII aga

Default My granddad

Well it's a couple days after my 1 year of joining this forum I joined on 8-18-12 for this post I would like to share a photo of my grandad. His name is Norman, and he served during WWII against the Japanese. He has many great stories, but my favorite one is this one. When he was on an lst in the pacific fighting the Japanese in the battle of Leytee, his ship got kamikazed by a Japanese plane. A lot of the crew did not survive but he did live because he disobeyed his commanders orders to go below deck. He survived the war but unfortunately he died before I was born. The only military thing that is left from his service is a german dress bayonet, he traded a Japanese rifle for it on his way home. I wish I could talk to him now. By the way, this weekend I'm going to check out this guys early war double decal luftwaffe helmet and possibly buy it. If I do I will post new thread and show some of my other helmets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-22-2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Photo rotated.

?

Thank you for posting, at least you have some stories and keepsakes. I turned Grandad up the right way.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Please enter his info on the Grandad's etc service thread.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...ervice-323160/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!