Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My Grandfather views on D-day

Article about: As been stated on this site before, my grandfather served in the Second World War. In fact, he was second wave during operation overlord "D-Day". He truly had a lot to fight for, t

Default Re: My Grandfather views on D-day

The discovery of this book is more valuable than any item I have or could ever purchase IMO. Sorry for the annoyance of the constant updates, I am just very proud. Thanks again for all the kind comments.

?

Default Re: My Grandfather views on D-day

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Where did you get the resistances number from?
    chris
    History Channel on TV

*new inquisition as of 11-19-13 *
    As a forerunner to my following question, my sudden revival of this thread for my families history is due to my Uncle, my Mothers brother, passing away last night. He had been in a coma for four weeks due to suffering several strokes. He was sixty-one years old.
    As many here already know, the author who comprised the letter above on his experiences during "D-Day" is my Mothers biological father. As stated in my prior post, he was hit by a train and killed while rushing home for my Mothers eighth birthday. Shortly after his passing, her mother; a now broken women fearful of failing her four children, remarried another Jewish Doctor in Galveston. He, like my blood grandfather, also severed in the Second World War.
    For as long as I can recall, I've been lead to believe he was already a MD. at the time of the U.S entering the war, and therefore served as such during his deployment to Europe. Sadly, I haven't been able to verify this nor discredit it. I now come to you all as I've exhausted all known available avenues. His name was Sol Forman, he practiced medicine after the war in Galveston, and he was married to Madeline Forman. So far the link below is basically all I could find on him. What I'm truly interested in is anything relating to his serve during the war. Quite frustrating, nobody within my family who is still alive, as well in contact with me knows anything about his military career, hints my inquiry here today. As always, thank you all for any help you may be able to provided, and I hope you enjoy my families history.

Texas Death Records

Can you provide some dates of birth/death for any of these people? It would make the search a lot easier.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Vegar T View Post
    Can you provide some dates of birth/death for any of these people? It would make the search a lot easier.
    I may. Allow me to contact my Mother and Great Uncle. Thank you for the reply and interest sir.

Thanks, that would help me find them better. Did you get my PM btw?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Vegar T View Post
    Thanks, that would help me find them better. Did you get my PM btw?
    Just did and can't thank you enough for doing so. Vegar found my blood grandfathers Jewish service card, something I've never encounter. Can't wait to show the family, and again, thank you very much Mr. Vegar.
    image.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3