Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

my grandpa's story

Article about: This is a story my grandfather wrote from memory in 1945 near the end of the war. I found it in a little note pad and had a small book made. These are his words.(spelling mistakes and all) H

?

Default my grandpa's story

This is a story my grandfather wrote from memory in 1945 near the end of the war. I found it in a little note pad and had a small book made. These are his words.(spelling mistakes and all) Hope you enjoy. Comments and opinions are always great,

DSCF1257.jpg
    DSCF1258.jpg
    DSCF1259.jpg
    DSCF1260.jpg
    DSCF1261.jpg
    DSCF1262.jpg
    DSCF1263.jpg
    DSCF1264.jpg
    DSCF1265.jpg
    DSCF1266.jpg
    DSCF1267.jpg
    DSCF1268.jpg

Hi

What regiment was he ??

Hi Philly..your Grandfather was a great witness and the story he has preserved to share for this time now. Everything matters and all artifacts and bits of information...including eyewitness accounts make a great difference when sharing and teaching during this period in time. Thankyou for sharing this treasure..it is a great contribution . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

He started out in the 5th Canadian Reg. until he got hurt. Then worked with the Knights of Columbus as a projectionist in charge of troop entertainment, I think.

?

So many of us have ancestors who could not/would not put pen to paper. You are very fortunate and thank you for sharing.

Oz.