Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Mom said...........

Article about: Important update.... My mom said i can get the dagger this Saturday. She will stop at the bank and will pick up the cash and we will go directly there. Ryan

?

Default My Mom said...........

Important update.... My mom said i can get the dagger this Saturday. She will stop at the bank and will pick up the cash and we will go directly there.

Ryan
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-03-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Default Re: My Mom said...........

I would hope this would be a great start to a thread as Ryan who is 15+ yrs old is a success story in this great hobby of ours. I am inspired by his willingness to achieve and to learn about this great hobby. Most teens his age are out doing things some productive and others not productive.
    It brings back memories of when I used to say......"My Mom said"....
    Times have changed when we were young as the big thing that i got permission from my mom was that she allowed me to ride my bike in the street,, but close to the curb and also allowed me to have a "boomerang'...........SUCH A SHARP CONTRAST IN CHANGING TIMES. Going from getting permission for the small things to getting permission to buy military collectibles.....Big league stuff these days with our youth.

What are your fondest memories of getting permission to buying something compared to the access we have now....What are your.." My Mom said" ..memories when allowed to buy something...for you older guys...

By the way Ryan and all the younger guys in their teens and 20s..keep up the good work...your discipline will pay off in the long run...and not on a street corner Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I'm so happy that my parents support me in this hobby. My mom understands how this item "the SS dagger" can be an investment item, and thats the reason she lent me the money. My dad also is very interested in the hobby he is always willing to learn more about this hobby and asks me what to look for next when he goes to flea markets and antique stores. I show him the details on the item and he looks. This is the reason i have my Ethocel canteen is because of my dad and im very grateful of him.

Thanks Larry!
    Ryan

?

One of my first WWII Japanese militaria purchases was a prayer flag. I helped my father sell some McDonalds collectibles he got in a storage locker auction and he split the profits with me. On our way back from selling a Ronald McDonald sign we stopped and I picked up my Japanese prayer flag with my half of the money. It is hanging in my room today and is one of my first big purchases. My dad also bought me my first Hitler youth dagger. Some days he is more willing to help me with it then others, but nonetheless he and my mother support the hobby and it makes it all the better

I have a few stories similar to Ryan's. My Dad once lent me $80 to buy a pair of Binoculars in an antique store because I was broke at the time. He trusted me when I told him what they were worth. I sold them for $800 on eBay 6 hours later. And yes, I paid him back with interest.
    Another time my Mom gave me $50 in an antique store so I could buy an original 1800's Cuirassier helmet that was marked as a "toy helmet", within a few days I sold it for $800 on eBay! I paid her back, again with interest.
    A few weeks ago it happened again. There was an SS helmet listed on eBay for $780. My Dad lent me the money and I bought it. I have it on consignment right now, listed at over 2k.
    Without my parents trust I would not have gotten any of this stuff. They are the nicest and most generous people in the world.

?

I wish you luck with this purchase and I hope that everything goes as Planned!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Sir Payne, with all those great deals you are making pretty soon your parents will be borrowing from you!

?

I remember those days, both of my parents were in the military. By the time I was born, my father had been collecting for quite a few years, and I have a picture of myself as a baby in a play pen while Dad was set up at an ASMIC show. So my entire life I have been surrounded by military and militaria for that matter. I was lucky to be supported by both of my parents as I pursued different interests in militaria and even with the family history, they still gave me full support as I found my niche in Feldposts.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    I have a few stories similar to Ryan's. My Dad once lent me $80 to buy a pair of Binoculars in an antique store because I was broke at the time. He trusted me when I told him what they were worth. I sold them for $800 on eBay 6 hours later. And yes, I paid him back with interest.
    Another time my Mom gave me $50 in an antique store so I could buy an original 1800's Cuirassier helmet that was marked as a "toy helmet", within a few days I sold it for $800 on eBay! I paid her back, again with interest.
    A few weeks ago it happened again. There was an SS helmet listed on eBay for $780. My Dad lent me the money and I bought it. I have it on consignment right now, listed at over 2k.
    Without my parents trust I would not have gotten any of this stuff. They are the nicest and most generous people in the world.
    May i lent you $80? When you make them $800 you give it back to me...

Glad to hear there are still some teenagers into collecting militaria. Here in the UK its all Call of Duty and games. I have a similar story, my first Mosin Nagant was partly funded by my dad, he was like an excited child at Christmas. I think I started early, im only 14 currently,
    Interested in seeing your dagger when you have it! Hope it all goes well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast