Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My New Website

Article about: Whether or not you are into this type of thing or not, please show a little respect for another collector with an alternative view. Make constructive and objective comments and if you don't

?

The thing is, ghosts are impossible to prove or disprove. Psychics, however, are not. There are plenty of ways to prove whether or not psychic is indeed psychic, but that has never been done. James Randi has for years offered a one million dollar prize to anyone capable of proving their psychic ability, but it has not yet been awarded.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I've refrained from posting until now because I don't generally like to challenge the fundamental beliefs of another for no good reason. If it does no harm, I am more than happy to respect your beliefs. It can certainly be a power for good.

That said, we are well into a debate now and I don't think anything I have to say will do any harm one way or the other. I think it is important to point out that humans as an intelligent species have an innate curiosity and questioning nature. We search for a 'why' when often there is no answer to find. Depending on your outlook, different people find their own explanations for the same events. Upon surviving a terrible crash one person might instinctively thank God, the other might immediately think of the Ford crash safety research team. The point is, you cannot ever really be objective when observing a potentially paranormal phenomena. If you believe in it, you will find the evidence to support your expectations. If you don't, you will understand your experience through the eye of science. Personally, I am a skeptic. There are too many cults, pseudo-religions, pseudo-sciences, and men walking around with billboards strapped to their backs proclaiming various impending items of interest - they certainly cannot all be correct, and for me the cornucopia of belief systems just shows me that humans are spectacularly good at convincing themselves of anything they are predisposed (for reasons geographic, sociological, psychological, etc etc) towards. As long as there is Man, there will be the 'paranormal'. It is, in my opinion, all a result of our evolved intelligence / self - awareness and the resulting questions that we pose about the nature of our own existence.

This is not meant as any personal attack on the views of any member here in the slightest, just my own personal views.
    Great post KradSpam, and I for one am not offended as obviously you are a very intelligent individual. After saying this, please read my next posting and give us your thoughts.

I believe quantum physics prove that human observations can never be objective and always interact with and affect quantum outcomes.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    I believe quantum physics prove that human observations can never be objective and always interact with and affect quantum outcomes.
    That's an interesting thing to consider. It is impossible to use quantum theory to describe things in the macro world, but the brain itself has so many deeper mechanisms that we are not even close to understanding. Could quantum effects come into play deep in our own minds, and since it is these minds that we use to interpret our world they would change or dictate our perceptions of every event. Maybe the reason I prefer chicken over fish has something to do with the uncertainty principle. The mechanisms of the brain itself could be the bridge between quantum mechanics and general relativity. S**t

I believe that at this juncture in our discussions on this obviously controversial subject that I should explain exactly how I work. I'm certain that will satisfy some as to not being fantasy or whatever else you wish to classify the paranormal as.

I am gifted with a sensitivity that I have been able to adapt with the use of a pendulum. The only type of pendulum that I use is one made from the same type of wood that the cross Jesus carried and is attached to a piece of cotton string; making it to be not affected by electro magnetic interference from outside sources. This cross has been blessed.

In the first stage when using this pendulum with an artifact (object) I absolutely do not give it any direction what so ever. When latent energy is detected the pendulum will rotate in a clockwise direction by itself. Consequently, when there is no latent energy present it remains stationary. At this point I do not know if this energy is related to an interactive human spirit or if it is residual.

In the second stage, next, I will contact one of our groups tested and proven psychics to do an evaluation of the artifact. I will tell them absolutely nothing about the artifact, and the only information that they have is, in some cases, only what they see that is obvious, i.e. a helmet.

What information that I do have remains with me. During the psychic session information that I already know are brought out; however and more importantly it is the information that I do not know that is discovered.

In the third stage when the information that was not known is researched, what can be researched, prove out to be true 99.9% of the time.

On location investigations I work a bit differently. I will first go around using my pendulum to detect "hot spots" of latent energy. Next, our group’s psychic will do the same thing. We then sit down to compare our findings, and more often than not they will be identical. This narrows down the areas that are centers of the investigation and allows for more strategic placement of the "scientific" energy detection, filming and recording equipment being used.

cross.jpg

Quote by Erno View Post
    The thing is, ghosts are impossible to prove or disprove. Psychics, however, are not. There are plenty of ways to prove whether or not psychic is indeed psychic, but that has never been done. James Randi has for years offered a one million dollar prize to anyone capable of proving their psychic ability, but it has not yet been awarded.
    Erno, if you read all of the contingencies that he has attached to his requirements he virtually made it impossible for anyone to prove "to his satisfaction" the key wording.

Quote by Erno View Post
    I love that guy . I just heard about him and I couldn't stop watching videos, where he busts so called "psychics" and other what not.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I love that guy . I just heard about him and I couldn't stop watching videos, where he busts so called "psychics" and other what not.
    Just for the heck of it, I offered Randi the same opportunity; I would do everything in front of him with his own psychic present and that if he could disprove that what I do, how I do it and that my positive results are not as I say they are, he would still pay me the million dollars ... He never responded.

To really say anything on your methods and questions or answers garnered from it Richard, it would have to be something that is observed firsthand I think. Whether science exists to disprove the paranormal, or merely has uncovered the mechanics of it is for someone else to say. I just have my own feelings on it, and I have yet to see anything that would truly convince me otherwise. I am open to the possibility that others are simply more sensitive to these things, but I would again say it is just a layer of the human consciousness. A primal need we have to find order in seemingly chaotic or the incomprehensible. Simply put, the reason people see a face in a cloud, etc. The reason your pendulum might spin in one situation and not another, or that quantifiable information is uncovered from the sessions is interesting and worthy of investigation if that is truly the case, but not something that I can approach over the internet really. The logical part of my brain is wanting it to be something to do with how the TV psychics work with the audience, cold reading, something along those lines. You and your psychic assistant both want the same conclusion after all, and are both believers in the field which is important I think. Perhaps you are subconsciously assisting the pendulum because it is what is expected in a given situation. It would really need to be observed though, it's not something that can be solved easily I think. Whatever the case it is a great topic for a debate, probably the same debate has been going on since ancient Greece. We are little different than we were then.

I'm just a guy with an opinion.

Richard, many thanks for answering my earlier questions, if I might ask another one or two.

How does this all work when what is being investigated is a digital image of an artifact that might have some " energy " associated with the original but how is this carried over to what is a reproduction of the original ? Is there some kind of "energy" transference happening? If that is so would the reproduction as a image of the original artifact still cause an effect with the pendulum over it if the original artifacts were destroyed during the experiment? In am thinking of the scans of the uniform presented by S.Vestae producing an effect even though they are simply reproductions.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast