Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My "SS" has offended people

Article about: Jag thought of it first!! Gentlemen, I give you the 1936 Jaguar SS 100.

?

Default Re: My "SS" has offended people

I know, seriously stupid. Speaking of franchises that use 'SS' type symbology, Slayer band member, Jeff Hanneman dead from liver failure yesterday. RIP. I love this band, I saw em live and they had a huge TV screen behind the stage showing orig battle footage from ww2. However they blatantly used TR themed symbols but they didn't promote any racism in their music. They just were intrigued by that period and its symbology.
    Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by AIF View Post
    Yeah but Mad Max drove a ford not a SS commodore
    You didn't read the link I gave in post #19 regarding Ford, did you....??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

ive got a black vu ss ute and never had any problems that i no of. but it has crossed my mind that some people would or might look at it that way . i do see some utes and 4x4 getting around with that iron cross sticker but don,t think it has anything to do with ww2 germany. and ill put this in here to a few years back i had the pleasure of driveing a replicar ww2 VW kubelwagen painted in dak through melboune. got some looks but most people wouldent have knowen what it was. we coverd over all the insignia.

Quote by mpw View Post
    And while on the subject of motorcycles Norton have had two SS models. Here is a model of the SS model from 1971.

Mark.

Attachment 507565
    That is about the periode i got on two wheels (and a engine!).
    Suzuki also had a SS type I seem to remind.....?
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

4md
    ?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Hope your wife and sone were ok.
    I had a run in with police yesterday. Roads were wet and there was an illegally parked car that i got stuck behind. A car in the other lane sat back, flicked its lights to let me in. I put my foot down so i wouldnt hold him up and my SS kicked out sideways ( 330hp is very touchy in the wet) I backed off as soon as it went sideways. Next thing i know, the car that let me in was a unmarked poilce car. He was a old cop, very high ranking. his car even had roof racks and tow bar ( VE sedan) I had some explaining to do until he realised it was an accident. Must admit though, its scary driving it in the wet, especially with a shift kit and tune. Have to be carefull
    They're ok, The wife was a little shaken but the little man loved spinning around 360 degrees.

Quote by Dean View Post
    I know, seriously stupid. Speaking of franchises that use 'SS' type symbology,,, However they blatantly used TR themed symbols but they didn't promote any racism in their music. They just were intrigued by that period and its symbology.
    Dean
    I guess Lemme from Motorhead is next to be criticized for wearing an Iron cross
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

First post deleted. Please keep the discussion on track. Next post that is deleted the entire thread is deleted.

Why oh why do some people just insist on crossing the line....

?

I was speaking with a former First Special Service Forces NCO a couple of months ago (I own his FSSF WW2 ensemble) and he kept referring to his unit as the SS, over and over again while he spoke. Special Service obviously. Shows how an abbreviation can be used, and it is ridiculous to think that the letters S followed by another S should never be used again.

Quote by DougB View Post
    First post deleted. Please keep the discussion on track. Next post that is deleted the entire thread is deleted.

Why oh why do some people just insist on crossing the line....
    Well done Doug. Narrow minded people and their narrow minded opinions have no place on this Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bitching about 'SS' badges on a car is taking it too far - rampant PC sillyness.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast