Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My "SS" has offended people

Article about: Jag thought of it first!! Gentlemen, I give you the 1936 Jaguar SS 100.

Default My "SS" has offended people

Hi guys, little off topic but thought i would share...

Here in Australia as in the USA we have hi-performance cars that go under the "GM" brand. Here in Australia we call it Holden.
    We have one model of holden called the "Commodore" and the performance model of the commodore is called "SS". It has a 5.7 chev LS1 V8 engine.
    Now i know just the name "SS" can cause emotions especially here in Australia where hundred of thousands of Europeans left there homes to come here and start a new life including my pop and nanna but this story is just rediculous.
    Of all the model commodore SS out there the one i love the most is the VY 2003 SS.
    I bought one 4 years back and i first noticed problems one day when i took my freind and here "new to Australia" girlfriend down the beach. She has only been in Australia for 6 months at that time and as she walked up to my car to get in she said " why do you have that" and pointed to the rear door. I walked around to see what she was talking about and she was pointing to the "SS". It then struck me that of all the model SS Holden made , this one the VY SS badges are very similer to the nazi SS insignia. I did some explaining and said im not racist infact i have freinds black white, yellow and red and that this was how the car came out.
    Although she wasnt around in the days of ww2 , her family back in poland like many others would of been affected. Since that day i have had people come up to me and as why would i have them badges on my car and im always explaining. I dont want to take them off because i love the car for what it is.
    The previous models had a different style and they changed it on the later ones because of this reason.
    Anyhow here is my car and you can see what i mean.

IMAGES OF MY CAR ON THE LINKS BELOW.....

The badge
    Smile Photo Sharing

The car
    Smile Photo Sharing

Car
    Smile Photo Sharing

SS even on the inside
    Smile Photo Sharing

Rear seats
    Smile Photo Sharing
    Last edited by tailor marc; 05-03-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Default Re: My "SS" has offended people

The new 2013 SS holden are making will be exported to te USA. Holden in Australia has been exporting cars to all around the middle east including isreal but now that USA is getting our SS they were hoping to export it to Isreal. Now its caused a big stir....
    Chevrolet SS Banned in Israel Over Nazi Related Name - autoevolution

Chevrolet SS not welcome in Israel over Nazi link | Stuff.co.nz

Chevrolet SS model criticized in Israel for evoking name of Nazi organization | Fox News

For the people that complain about your car they are idiots that looks nothing like ss runes also to boot that is always where the name of the car is on every car in the states and in Europe !! People are too sensitive these days the past is the past and we preserve it on places like this forum. People shouldnt be offended by the swatizka or SS runes they are historical symbols with swatika dating far before the nazi regime !! It is a piece of our history that should be preserved. It really kills me people are all against the swatika (which is a sign of good luck and good fortune) but the soviet hammer and sicle with the red star is ok even though stalin murdered more people then hitler!! Sorry for ranting just my opinion !!

Your comment makes sence, i agree

'SS' simply means 'Super Sport' to most car enthusiasts,
    and I've known this since the 1960's. People should
    get a grip on reality.

I also agree that the 'SS' logos depicted here
    do not resemble Nazi era runes.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Its got to the point now where car enthusiast are annoyed that people think like that. So much that someone actually made this image to stir them up. I don’t agree with this image that someone made as its over the top. Its in very bad taste . Who ever made it did it in rebellion to all the fuss over SS cars
    Pic below...

Moderators feel free to delete if needs be, just showing the impact its causing here in Aust

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    'SS' simply means 'Super Sport' to most car enthusiasts, and I've known
    this since the 1960's. People should really get a grip on reality.

I also agree that the 'SS' logos depicted here do not
    resemble Nazi era runes.........
    Out of all the SS badges the car company came up with its the closest to he nazi. I agree not like the nazi ss though

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    'SS' simply means 'Super Sport' to most car enthusiasts,
    and I've known this since the 1960's. People should
    get a grip on reality.

I also agree that the 'SS' logos depicted here
    do not resemble Nazi era runes.........
    I agree with Steve, as far as Chevy's go, "Super Sport!". And it's fast!
    That's all you need to tell them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I agree with Steve, as far as Chevy's go, "Super Sport!". And it's fast!
    That's all you need to tell them.
    Ralph.

Sure is, just dynoed at 330 horsepower

I just erased a whole paragraph of my own ranting.....how stupid or uneducated can people be?..... Now the alphabet letters "SS" are now offensive?? What next????.......The words "mountains and valleys" being tied to human genitalia? Nope..cant have that either..lets change that too. Spiders get a bad reputation also...and all from Hollywood Horror movies,,isnt that stereotyping the poor arachnid? Yep,,they are scary looking almost as scary as what the letters SS implies.............BEWARE ALL YOU ACRONYMS OF THE WORLD...RUN AND HIDE..you will also be labeled as evil!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast