Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My trip to China and Hong Kong

Article about: Right before the Sino-Japanese War, that government of Guangzhou ordered a number of Krupp guns from Germany to be used in a coastal defence role. I have never seen a Krupp gun up close, and

Default My trip to China and Hong Kong

Hi guys!

Perhaps some of you might have noticed that I have been gone for a couple of weeks. I was in China with my mom, helping her to adopt a baby. My mom was often busy with paperwork and the baby, so I had a lot of time to myself. I was in Beijing, Zhengzhou, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong. The most interesting place that I visited, by far, was the Hong Kong museum of coastal defence. I'll post a few general photos from the trip first.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: My trip to China and Hong Kong

I climbed up the harder of the two parts of the great wall- all the way to the top- in flip flops.

One thing I learned in China is that the Chinese of yore really loved their cannons. There were old cannons like these at pretty much every tourist attraction. These particular pieces were used to defend the pass from invading Mongolians.

While driving around Zhengzhou, I saw the strangest car. It was an SUV with 21st. Panzer Division logos all over it.

The photo with the Chinese Communist Party memorial and (apparently) two members of the SS is in front of the 2008 Olympic stadium.

?

Very cool would love to go some day

My sister!

Nice pics. The pic of you and the two in front of the stadium, the guy on your left, did they run out of size small the day he got his coat?

In Guangzhou, I found this huge park with a jungle setting and a lot of various monuments and landmarks. It's called Yuexiu park.

In this park, I found a lot of very cool things. One of them was this spot on top of a hill, called something like 'The Square Gun Platform'. It is obviously something old and with military purpose. Are there any Chinese speakers on the forum that can translate what's on the stone slab?

Vanturing deeper into the park I came across this surprising set of military equipment, including a light tank, an AT gun, an AA gun, and a Mig!

Can anyone identify these?

great pictures!! Been to Hong kong, when the British owned it and Guangzhou. My Wife is from Wuhan. Got to see a lot of good stuff. Went to a new military museum in Wuhan. Had a t-34 setting out side with the top machinegun covered. Asked the military officer standing outside about it. He said it was all live weapons. Maybe that is why the military was on post. My brother-in-law is friends with the Military garrison commander stationed in Wuhan and through my limited chinese. He said they were just putting the Museum togeither. I was the first american to see it. So he said. He couldn't believe how much I knew about military equipment. Boy did I have him fooled. I just identfied the T-34. Very interesting country.

I took these photos at the Guangzhou Museum of the Tomb of Nanyue King, which is the site of the accidentally-discovered tomb of a 2,000 year old Han emperor. I went inside the tomb and took some photos of the remains of one of his concubines, as well as some neat bits and pieces from the museum.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast