Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mysterious Austrian Rucksack

Article about: Hello Gent's, I recently got this 65L Austrian Army issue rucksack as a present. There is an "item" on it i have no clue to what is for There's no labels on it except one writing &

?

Default Mysterious Austrian Rucksack

Hello Gent's,

I recently got this 65L Austrian Army issue rucksack as a present. There is an "item" on it i have no clue to what is for There's no labels on it except one writing "Heereseigentum 2005 REDO". It of course means Army Property. If you guys can help me out on any info on it, model, and what branch used this etc, i will be very happy. Especially about the aluminum thing at the bottom, as seen in the pics. Very good quality pack btw.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Regards, Lars

?

I use much of my Army surplus for Camping/Bushcraft. It's from 2005. I just wonder what in gods name the aluminum "thingy" is there for.

Cheers

Probably meant for attachment to a carrying frame-packs these days tend to be carried off the body to allow for bullet proof body armour.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Probably meant for attachment to a carrying frame-packs these days tend to be carried off the body to allow for bullet proof body armour.
    I also thought so but the frame is an internal frame and already there

Regards, Lars

?

Anyone later on here knowing about this pack please

Regards, Lars

Only a wild guess, if the pack is used by mountain troops maybe the "thingy" is used to anchor the pack to rocks etc when not being carried, if you get my drift!....

?

That is not bad idea at all Gunny. I think it's for Mtn troops or special forces. I was told it was most likely for one or the other and not that common for a 2005 pack. I knew you would chime in with a good idea when i saw you were online mate

Cheers

Cheers mate!....

Jeffrey Megown
    ?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Hello Gent's,

I recently got this 65L Austrian Army issue rucksack as a present. There is an "item" on it i have no clue to what is for There's no labels on it except one writing "Heereseigentum 2005 REDO". It of course means Army Property. If you guys can help me out on any info on it, model, and what branch used this etc, i will be very happy. Especially about the aluminum thing at the bottom, as seen in the pics. Very good quality pack btw.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Regards, Lars
    The metal bar is for attachment to a belt, allowing for rapid disconnect.

Austrian KAZ03 Bundesheer Pack

Bundesheer KAZ03 H

Not sure as to the use of the aluminium for clipping into rock. This would lead to the pack hanging upside down. Done an awful lott of mountaineering over the years and I and all my climbing mates always attach the sack to the rock via the webbing loop you can see between the shoulder straps at the top. Sadly though I can offer no explanation as to the aluminium's purpose.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast