Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nazi shock at Welsh flea market!

Article about: Guys as Ade has said Tom was banned for a number of reasons , his post here wasn't one of them !!

Default Re: Nazi shock at Welsh flea market!

Quote by HD1450 View Post
    Oh well , looks like it will be the end of this market trader now as the Do Gooders are getting involved . It's the same old thing here in the UK , you get one or two people complain about something & the Do Gooders get involved & then it's DOOMED Why can't authorities go with the majority ???
    I completely agree. In a democracy, we all have the right to express ourselves. If the majority do not object to Nazi memorabilia on display but the minority complain and the said 'offending' items, or dealer, are removed, then how is it a democracy if the minority hold sway?

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    I completely agree. In a democracy, we all have the right to express ourselves. If the majority do not object to Nazi memorabilia on display but the minority complain and the said 'offending' items, or dealer, are removed, then how is it a democracy if the minority hold sway?
    That's an easy one to answer. If you lived in a democracy, then yes, you would have the right of self-expression. However, you don't live in one, and that's why you don't really have that right. What you live in, is an autocracy masquerading as a democracy, which is true of most societies. The masses vote for a representative out of a small selection of candidates, all of which were selected for them by a handful of people. They then feel that they made a political choice, but they really didn't.

Apologies for the rant, I should mention I am a truly non-political person, i really don't believe in politics at all, but unfortunately, anarchy would be even worse

Rob

i got an idea everyone vote for me

Meaning no disrespect to the 74 yr old gentleman or anyone else here, but if he was born in 1937-38, how much does he possibly remember of this period?
    Young children are very resilient when it comes to bouncing back from adversity. Only my 2cents.
    Tom

This reminds me of my girlfriend's grandfather, who is of German descent. There is this big thing in her family where if someone mentions the Nazis, he shrugs it off and changes the subject. He's really mysterious about it. However, when I showed him my framed set of documents that belonged to Philipp Bouhler, as well as original photos of Dachau as an SS collar tab that I have displayed with it, he just held it and stared at it with disgust for 5 minutes. I don't even think he blinked once. Then he handed it back to me and casually said, "Disgusting, what those people did". I suppose it will remain a mystery until I find a complete black SS uniform in his attic...

There were a lot of people during the 1700's and 1800's who hated Imperial Britain as much as WWII vets hate Nazis today. But those people are all dead now, and nowadays I think you will be hard pressed to find someone who would have a issue with someone who owns British militaria from the period. In the same way, WWII veterans will unfortunately all die out, but when they and most of their kids do, there will be no more personal connections to the Nazis and people will not find it so disgusting. I have already heard of serious collectors in Israel of all places, and it's not even 80 years later!

i think really the main problem is certain "political parties" with thoughts similar to the nazis in wales its quite a big group i used to live in shropshire (shrewsbury) and there were a lot of (how to put it nicely) racist people (neo's nazis) thats going to automatically put people off there were shows near there as well there would be plenty of yanks and brits but not 1 german vehicle or uniform (i wonder why!!)

?

What a load of old claptrap the old boy came out with, if your watching a TV program and its got swearing ,Sex and nudity and it offends you , theres a little switch on the side that either turns it over or off, this guy is another Mary Whitehouse , who wanted to ram her opinions down everyones throat, look what happened to her, another thing that bugs the hell out of me is this continual expression "Nazi memorabilia", its German militaria, not all Germans were nazis and not all the equipment sold belongs to the Nazi definition, not to mention the fact that there are a great number of Jewish or Jewish related Dealers out there, the press has a great deal to answer for re the definition, because its easier to print nazi than german militaria, with them its always "Nazi plane found or Nazi sub or tank discovered", i think that educating these narrow minded journos would be a step in the right direction, as soon as someone sees "Nazi" printed in black and white, the automatic assumption is black clad animalistic torturers and not the ordinary German fighting soldier, I commend the dealer in question, handling the matter in the way he did, and i daresay a great many would follow suit, however there is an old saying "if thine eyes offend thee pluck them out", in this case i feel the old boy should have thought to himself, "each to there own" and not try to cash in on some free publicity through the local papers, i feel for the old guy involved, but to involve the press and invoke a public outcry is a bit too much , we all know what happened in the camps and of the suffering that was endured by the victims and their families, but dont blame people who either make a living from selling equipment or who find collecting it not only an interesting pastime but also a way of preserving history

Well, I think that too many people are just brainwashed by propaganda made from 1945 till today. Actually a few really care about historical facts and most of people are ready to belive whatever fairytales politicans tell to them. I belive that this gentleman is just mentally ill and that is all. I live in previous USSR and we have also many reason here to prohibit for example all Soviet symbols. And belive or not - after every 2-3 years there will appear a local politican who also is "offended" because he saw a red star, soviet flag or something similar. There are a lot of lunatics in every country...

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    i think really the main problem is certain "political parties" with thoughts similar to the nazis in wales its quite a big group i used to live in shropshire (shrewsbury) and there were a lot of (how to put it nicely) racist people (neo's nazis) thats going to automatically put people off there were shows near there as well there would be plenty of yanks and brits but not 1 german vehicle or uniform (i wonder why!!)
    So Wales is full of Neo Nazis , well that's cleared everything up !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by talltom View Post
    What a load of bull, I have lived in Wales most of my life and I have never met or heard of any Neo Nazi groups in Wales or groups with a similar ideology.

I think your post is deeply offensive and is driven by the same sort of racist ideology you attribute to the Welsh. I will be raising this issue with the mods.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 01-16-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast