Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

new boy to the forum

Article about: Hi everyone i am a Newbie to this forum and i would just like to introduce myself,I live in St albans Hertfordshire,and for the last 20 years i have served as a firefighter in the london fir

hudsonswhistle
    ?

Default new boy to the forum

Hi everyone i am a Newbie to this forum and i would just like to introduce myself,I live in St albans Hertfordshire,and for the last 20 years i have served as a firefighter in the london fire brigade,only another 10 to go and ill be retired lol.

I have been collecting militaria from the age of 7, and i have a massive collection from both wars,but i mainly collect ww1 artifacts now.
    I love to visit northern france and belgium,at least 4 times a year,and i have been to north africa,Auschwitz and this summer i visited normandie.

When in France i visit a friend who is now 80 years old,but still goes out metal detecting and has done for the last 50 yeaers, his friends own farms,and they like to have there fields cleared of the ordnace that still crop up before they sew the fields.
    I love to make new friends from abroad if possible and if your ever near me dont hesitate to call in and see my collection i think youll be impressed

Regards Alan

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: new boy to the forum

Welcome to the forum Alan, hope to meet you in interesting discussions or perhaps on the former battle fields in Belgium because I also go there once or twice a year.

Default Re: new boy to the forum

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.

ace
    ?

Default Re: new boy to the forum

hi alan welcome to the forum