Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New collector question

Article about: I am very interested in German historical items and have just begun collecting. I'm afraid of being ripped off because of all the fake items out there. Can you guys recommend reputable selle

?

Sooooo glad to hear that!! I will be doing a lot of research before I do any more purchasing. I really appreciate all your responses!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Lisako View Post
    What interests me most is wwii german items. I'm interested in the history of Germany and when an item is used, it's even more interesting. It's more important to me to be authentic than it is that it is valued. I'm not overly interested in uniforms though. Any thoughts of the reputation of grenadier military auctions?
    Don't know them but I'm sure others do. Approach any dealer as you would a private purchase. Even very reputable dealers make mistakes. So what has been said here applies to both dealer and private purchases. Study, learn and post before you buy.

It also helps when you post an item to give "your" opinion on it. (We like to see people try to show they are learning.....LoL )

Besides our classified section, there are also our sponsors. They are listed on the link at the top of the page. For daggers, there are many good dealers, one of the best is Lakeside Traders I am told.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

man G, you are fast with those "likes".........LoL!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Lisako View Post
    Sooooo glad to hear that!! I will be doing a lot of research before I do any more purchasing. I really appreciate all your responses!
    In the mean time if you have the buying itch you are safe with the classifieds here.

?

Liasko, A very good thread for a new guy !! I look forward to many more... And many thanks to the other members as well !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Liasko, you are a future club member! You have been bitten by the collecting bug like we all have. Love seeing the passion for collecting in your posts. Best of luck!

?

Thank you! I'm definitely planning on donating because it's obvious that this is going to be a very helpful and friendly site! And yes, I have been Bitten by the bug for sure!

Best on the net by far!

Hope the AH formal ware was purchased from a solid source because that stuff is heavily faked !
    For daggers you cant go wrong with meda militaria or lakeside trader,.
    Also try to avoid SS stuff untill your about 30 years into the hobby and even those guys still get burned due to over confidence in a rare piece and deep pockets.

I see Lisako is now a club member! Very good choice and welcome again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast