Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Dambusters film

Article about: Yeah, what's in a name? Let's just re-name Hitler " George" because people are offended by his name? Or replace the swastika with an " X "! I also say Sod off to the whol

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: New Dambusters film

What a complete joke! Why don't they portray Guy Gibson as an American? Or maybe suggest it was infact B17's that hit the dams? DOH!

Quote by Johnny-D View Post
    What a complete joke! Why don't they portray Guy Gibson as an American? Or maybe suggest it was infact B17's that hit the dams? DOH!
    Lol !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Erm, wasnt the N word used as one of the code words, what moronic member of the politically correct brigade decided to change history, im not being funny but most of the films nowadays have the N word in it somewhere and there not an historic portrayal of anything other than pure fantasy entertainment, lets all change the course of history, the japanese didnt bomb Pearl harbour, germany didnt invade poland, D-day didnt happen, one of these days someone with a pair will tell these burkes to shove off and go get a worthwhile job, LEAVE HISTORY ALONE, you obnoxious bunch of beauracratic overpaid wasters

Dave... I salute you sir!

Yet again money talks over historical accuracy. But by pandering to the PC market the film will be shown in the US (Big Bucks) but get it historically accurate and they limit the market, the cinema's prepared to screen it. But and here's a work around the DVD market for films is huge, so why not use the correct name (Directors cut) when the film goes for DVD release. Whilst filming wouldn't it be easy to make two cuts one with the accurate name for the DVD market, there cant be too many scenes to worry about or an even cheaper method dub it in for the DVD the lip movement would be the same for both words. That'd satisfy me.
    But even with this I'm still looking forward to seeing the new film, modern CGI an all.
    LUCKYSTRIKE.
    As an after thought isn't Steven Fry on face book or Twitter? this could be suggested to him if he has any say so.

There was a rumour that it was gonna be changed to 'Nidge'. I think I'd prefer that to bloody Digger!!!!

?

I know , lets call him Tigger, he can bounce all around the interior and winnie the pooh can play Guy Gibson, its almost laughable if it wasnt so bloody infuriating

Quote by davejb View Post
    I know , lets call him Tigger, he can bounce all around the interior and winnie the pooh can play Guy Gibson, its almost laughable if it wasnt so bloody infuriating
    AHHHHHHHAHAHAHA!! Thanks mate... I've just covered my laptop in lager!!!!

?

Sorry Johnny, your keys will get sticky, just tried to leave a message on Mr Frys fb, there are three messages on there already but now someone has turned off the reply and post setup so no-one can leave him a message, perhaps its a sore point already

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast