Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New emoticons

Article about: by bond one of those that i belong to, but as you say not very active, though some nice colour pictures, but a bit ott on the watermarking. ott ?

Default Re: New emoticons

Quote by bond View Post
    one of those that i belong to, but as you say not very active, though some nice colour pictures, but a bit ott on the watermarking.
    ott ?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    ott ?
    'Over The Top'

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    'Over The Top'

Mat
    Oh ok. Thanks

?

I've seen lots of emoticons posted but not really much discussion on why everyone feels they need more of these. How does a submarine or a tank or a yellow blob firing a variety of different weapons translate your thoughts and feelings? Why does anyone need to add a battleship or two blobs hitting each other with frying pans to the end of their posts???
    If I've posted anything that could be misread on the forum as appearing harsh or if I take the mickey out of someone I'll use a or a for example, there's not much need for anything else.
    Do we really need anymore of these? Are they really necessary? Are we perhaps going to suddenly get loads of posts containing only four words yet twenty cartoon characters? Will the forum suddenly become swamped with these things and will they get used instead of words? Does it promote the correct image for the forum if every post suddenly becomes covered with these things?

Discuss..........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm in agreement with Adrian, I don't think more are necessary, honestly. I do think forums flooded with these things lose the impression of credibility. My only complaint is that with my poor eyesight, I can't really distinguish between the current emoticons unless I hold the cursor over them... but that's probably just me. Not something I lose sleep over either.

Mat

I think you mentioned the ones that indeed have no use Adrian.
    But if you want to wink which one is better? This or the one attached?
    The details of the first can be barely seen unless you stick your face literally on the monitor whilst the latter has it's details clear and IMO is much more funny.
    Of course the emoticons are something very subjective and depend on the personal taste of each person. Something i find funny, it may not be according to your sense of humor and vice versa.
    I suggest that it is better to be there, with the option to use them IF you want and IF not you just ignore them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

to be fair i think im with adrian on this one we got pleaty of smileys and i don't see the need for more maybe one of those bashing heads on a wall might come in use a bit but thats it really. it is always better to explain why you said what you said if you just put a then no one knows why.
    i think if there are to be anymore you would have to choose carfully but as said i don't see the need

ps carl nice ah ones they made me laught "we need MORE"

In my humble opinion, I think some of emoticons we currently have are very confusing...

For example: When I see this emoticon, I DO NOT consider it to represent a frowny face. To me, it represents someone being scared...

When I see this one: , I think of someone being giddy, silly, or extremely happy... I DO NOT see it as representing someone rolling their eyes sarcastically.

Finally, there's this one: WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?

I'd love to see some more WW2 specific emoticons!

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    The details of the first can be barely seen unless you stick your face literally on the monitor whilst the latter has it's details clear
    Exactly, my only suggestion would be to replace existing ones with clearer examples, if anything.

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Exactly, my only suggestion would be to replace existing ones with clearer examples, if anything.

Mat
    I agree! Even tho I have great eye sight, these two are the worst in my opinion:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast