Become our sponsor and display your banner here

New fake wave??

Article about: Hi, lately i have found countless of "rare original ww2 norwegian helmets" for sale. Existing so many forums and books, all kinds of help about german helmets and decals, could fak

Default New fake wave??

Hi, lately i have found countless of "rare original ww2 norwegian helmets" for sale.
    Existing so many forums and books, all kinds of help about german helmets and decals, could fakers be moving heavily to other helmets and decals, where collectors are less expertise on?
    Just a thought.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Default Re: New fake wave??

Are these the Norwegian Post-war reissue helmets you are talking about? They are very very common in Norway, and people might be catching on that they are getting popular and have high value?

Got any pictures?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from 38. Batterie, Heeres Küsten Artillerie Regiment 977, also from 31, 32 and 36. Batterie.

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    Are these the Norwegian Post-war reissue helmets you are talking about? They are very very common in Norway, and people might be catching on that they are getting popular and have high value?

Got any pictures?
    My thoughts exactly, using a post war helmet, coat of paint, giving the liner some age, putting on a decal, etc... might be easier to fool a less expertise collector than going for the good "old german helmet fake". Or simply trying to scam on item real value, i have noticed them, going for 300-400 euros and dollars.
    In my mind, for that amount its worth trying to fake something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i think that there is no need to fake Norwegian reissued helmets yet as they seem to be easily available for around $250. still bulgarian helmets are the most common and their price is around $50 so surely no faking of those will happen anytime soon.
    same can be said to reissued Austrian and German WWI helmets used by Finland.

i would actually like the norwegian reissue so if anybody has hook ups - let me know :-)
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/