Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

!! new forum!! About buttons.

Article about: Hey guy's .. and girls!! Allow me to present to you a new forum I just started about buttons!!! knopen verzamelaars boutons de collection buttons :: Index I have been trying to get some kind

Default !! new forum!! About buttons.

Hey guy's .. and girls!!
    Allow me to present to you a new forum I just started about buttons!!!
    knopen verzamelaars boutons de collection buttons :: Index
    I have been trying to get some kind of sub forum on different sites on wich I have been active, sinds many years, but never got any positive respons....
    So I started a new forum, my self, about buttons.
    In order to have all info about buttons centralized when looking for one.
    I am speaking about (!!mainly!!!) 19 th and 20 th century's brass or nickel buttons, ornated with figures, logo's, and other. Military, civil, nobility, manufactory's, police, firefighters and more will be discussed (I hope!!! ;-) ).
    Of course all other buttons will be gladly discussed as well, like Roman periode buttons and other.
    The forum is ment to be international.
    It is originaly Flemisch, but feel free to post in your own language, as the forum as just begon, I will need to change it as it progresses.
    I am able to answer you in English, French or Flemish.
    I hope to find some one who is able to reply in German real soon.
    I already have ...one ... member. ;-)
    If mods find thise "ad" inappropriate, please feel free to delate.
    best regards
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: !! new forum!! About buttons.

which buttons the register one

HAha!
    ;-)
    I had that one before ;-)
    Button in French is "bouton" what also means; "pimple", imagine the remarks I got there!! ;-)
    But _ (on) ;-) _every answer is a "good answer" as long as the threat gets in the spotlight...
    ;-)
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

Things are going slow but good!
    Only 20 members ....half of them are very active and devoted to the forum.
    Probably the main problem is the language; we allow any other new-member or visitors to post in thyere own language and try to respond in that same language, but never the less, main information gets lost to foreigners when posts go back to Flemish/Dutch.
    So we decided to start a new English speaking forum in addition to the all ready existing Dutch one.
    Here is a little intro from our most active English speaking member;
    Kris & Co. have been kind enough to produce another button forum site for those collectors who aren't familiar with Dutch or the other languages used here or who don't collect just maritime buttons, which are much favoured on this site. So the decision was to use English as a general language. This is not a competitive site to this one but really an equal working partner and there's nothing to worry about.
    I know that many of you were members of the former IUCC which had a grand following. I am honoured to have been a contributing member and had helped our friend Johan as much as I could.
    IUCC also had a good number of English speaking collectors of other types of uniform buttons, some of whom were your own friends and contacts, and probably still are. I appeal to you to tell them of the other forum as it's only through such collective efforts that we can learn and improve our mutual interest - Uniform Buttons.
    They may need your help to register and get started, but I know that you'll show them how.
    I will soon make it a rule, that other to the few established long term collecting friends and contacts, I will not reply to any button queries sent to my personal e.mail but only if placed on KVF The English Button Forum -http://kvftheenglishbu.forum2go.nl/index.php?sid=d02556f017e14f1314066846ddcd8061 .
    So come on, pass the word. How often do you find guys who are dedicating their spare time to help?
    Thank you.

Still regret we haven't got a" button section" on thise forum! :-(
    Hope to meet you soon, on our forum , if you like button's or need any info regarding some of them.
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris