Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New membership catagory

Article about: Agreed. A fine thing to do out of respect. R.I.P. Richard.........

Default New membership catagory

Hi Guys, in view of the very sad death of forum member Richard P, I have created a new forum membership status of "In Memorium Member".

The reason behind this is to ensure that the member's profile and posts are retained for posterity. Inactive members are automatically reset to "guest" status over time and the Admin team felt it would be disrespectful for this to happen to a deceased former member.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: New membership catagory

This seems a good and respectful way to deal with the loss of a forum member.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I like this idea. Hats off to the Admin for this special recognition. A way for a passed on member to continue to be a member, even if only in past writings.

Hello,
    This is a very good idea Ade, a good way to remember the fellow members who passed away and a mean to retain all infos given...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi ade,
    Very good idea from the admin team, and respect to lost members, R.I.P Richard,
    Dave.

All members in some respect are "Authors" and as such I have never seen an authors name erased from a book because of passing away. This is a great idea to keep their name in Honor for their contribution to the hobby. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This hobby is such a great part of who I am that I would consider it an incredible honor to be remembered this way by my peers...
    Wonderful Idea.

?

That is a nice thing to do.

Some forums use the term 'Absent Without Leave' ......... I feel uncomfortable about this as it infers deliberate absenteeism. Who knows the personal issues ( aside from actual demise ) that may cause one to be 'post-less' for a period of time? I think 'guest' is better.
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast