Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New user, Just inherited items from my grandfather

Article about: Well, better post some close up pictures of the gorget. I do not want to say it is a repro but better pictures will help. As for the market price - there is no real market price for III Reic

Default Re: New user, Just inherited items from my grandfather

Well, better post some close up pictures of the gorget. I do not want to say it is a repro but better pictures will help. As for the market price - there is no real market price for III Reich items or for any antique items at all. You can look at the different militaria webpages but these prices will not give You an idea what is the real price. If You plan to sell it (and it is original) I'm sure there will be a buyer even in our forum if You will list it in Classifieds.But before selling think about it at least twice - as it belonged to Your grandfather it actually has much more value to You. If You will sell it - it is gone. In the future You may have money for 10 gorgets but none of them will be the same...

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Super nice collection of insignia!! I was making comment and identifing the patches when I lost my page. To many pieces to comment on all together. All the cloth insignia in pictures 5 and 6 appear to be original. Mostly army but a few luftwaffe and naval mixed in. I do have an interest in the breat eagle on the top of page 5 Could you post a close up of the front and back of that? I would appreciate it.

If you could break up the insignia in smaller groups, and then take some more pictures, it would be easier to identify and label.

Awesome grouping!!

Fred

Hi Bruce,

The best thing you can do to figure out values is to identify the items in your collection and then research to find out what people have already paid for these particular objects. It's easy enough to search for completed listings on ebay for U.S. items, but German items with swastikas aren't allowed to be sold there.

I suggest you check out the forum sponsors and classifieds section to see listings for German items similar to yours.

I should also mention... and I am by no means accusing you... but the members of this forum don't appreciate new members who use and abuse us by posting items, receiving free appraisals and then vanish without a trace.

?

Welcome , you need to post all the seperate items in the correct sections of the forum , this area is actually for technical issues with the running of the forum,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I am sorry if I improperly used this forum. This is a new found interest for me and I happened on to this sight. I don't know what I am going to do with this collection as of yet. I am interested in learning more about the items but not sure I have the interest and commitment to become a collector and historian. I am truly a Newbie in this field. I have learned more about this collection in the last few days than I knew before. Thank You all. I respect all of your opinions and commitment to your hobbies of collecting this piece of our history. Respectfully, Bruce

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Bruce you have not used this forum inappropriately!!! Thank you for coming here and asking about what you have. This is the primary purpose of the forum is to educate and help other people find out and identify what they have. As you stated when you started this thread, you do not know what you are planning to do with this grouping of items.

Welcome too the forum and please do not feel put out to ask questions and find out what you have.

Fred

Hi Bruce, Sorry if I came off harsh. It's just that we have had countless people who show up, use us and then never contriubte anything else to this great forum community.

The items ultimately belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them. If you do decide to sell, you might want to consider selling them here and making a small donation to keep the forum up and running.

The gorget is worth around $900. The German Army Standard Bearer's insignia (Top right 7th pic) I have seen listed for around $800. Red Cross buckle probably between $150-200. The condor legion cufftitle might be worth a good bit, but I don't have an estimate. All those items, plus the dagger, are probably the most valuable of this grouping

Great looking collection of family history.
    Welcome to the forum.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hey Bruce! If you ever decide to sell your items they will make a perfect addiction to the Classifieds section! And buyers will certainly be found!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast