Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

New WRF Members

Article about: Hi Rick, Welcome! Glad to see you here and look forward to your participation.

Default Re: New WRF Members

Hi Bennette, welcome to the forum. Georgraphically speaking in regards to this worlds globe i'm you neighbor in the S.F. bay area. I'm sure you've hung around before signing on so you will find some of the utmost knowledgable gents who have ever collected in your field.

My best, Ty

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

I am of course seeing already the vast knowledge here and courtesy to which Davejb alludes.

Obkrieger I will be getting on the job of posting some pieces very soon. I'll start with some nice photographs. Basically, it just comes down to hooking up one infernal beast of a scanner.

Thanatos there is one cure and ONE cure only that I know of: more collecting.

And Ty... it's a beautiful part of the world's globe, isn't it?

Welcome Bennett, finding this great forum was the best thing I could have done with regards to collecting militaria, I'm sure you'll find it the same. I look forward to seeing your toys, cheers mate, Dave.

?

Hello everyone, ive been signed up for this site for a while now and made a post or 2 before but only just found this thread My name is Tom, im 18 and still in college at the moment but im looking to join the RAF this year or next hopefully I come from abit of a military family with a member serviving in one of the forces within the last 70 years, think this is where i get my interst in all things military from

I have a love for history and all things military (quite unuasl ive found for someone of my age) and after receiving a few pieces like a gas mask from my grandad ive got abit of bug to collect some more My main interests is airforces especially the RAF, but i do have an interest in the British Army aswell especially in around WW2, and in particular any regiments that my family have links to such as the London Irish Rifles.

Welcome aboard Motley, I'm sure you'll find plenty of info, help and support here, there are some very knowledgeable men and women on the forum.

l signed up too, i have not collected in years, but started in the 1950,s this is a perfect site, very helpfull, thank you..

Welcome Jerry! to the forum and the Gold club

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Greetings Gentlemen,

My name is Bennett. I live in Sonoma County, California.
    I'm 50, single, and an investor. I fence competitively.
    I'm ex-military (1980-1986) and was stationed at Field Station Teufelsberg, Berlin and Fort George G. Meade, MD. (NSA)

I speak some German and will help where I can in that regard although I am sure here that many do.

I am mainly interested in SS photos, documents and that minefield known as SS cloth. Occasionally I branch off into other areas.
    I have been reading and studying this time in German history for at least 20+ years but didn't yield to the collecting bug until just 3 years ago or so. You always do eventually, right?
    Welcome Bennett it's good to have another Doc and photo collector on the forum !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for the welcome, Paul.

I am aiming to get a few of my nicer photos up in the coming days.

I had some guy take a few pics of some medals so far with a 26 megapixel camera. Probably will post them first, but I'm a little worried about the file sizes.
    The resolution is great but holy cow.

Hi,

I'm J.W, 27 years old, from the Netherlands.

I started collecting helmets about 2 years ago, and I now have a vast collection of 4 ww2 helmets...
    A Canadian MKII, M42 Luftwaffe with a fake decal (it was my first helmet...), M34 Feuerschutzpolizei, and my latest acquisition an m35 SS ''relic''(I will post that one in the SS helmet section)
    So I'm not a very active collector, but whenever I come across something interesting I will try to get my hands on it.

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast