Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

New WRF Members

Article about: Hi Rick, Welcome! Glad to see you here and look forward to your participation.

Default Re: New WRF Members

Hi Marko

A warm welcome to you

What are your areas of interest?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi!
    I am collecting ww2 remains from my country,and love to see pictures of war relics from other europian battlefields.
    How to put pictures here?

Hi All.
    I,m Peter from New Zealand I,ve been collecting for about 10 years but only the odd thing here and their mainly blades etc.
    The last few months Ive starting building up my little collection.
    I had abit of spare cash last week and ended up buying 3 gorgets off Craigs gottileb auction they will dispay well.
    Once I get my man cave set up i,ll snap off a few photos for you all.
    Rgds Peter.

Quote by Kiwipete View Post
    Hi All.
    I,m Peter from New Zealand I,ve been collecting for about 10 years but only the odd thing here and their mainly blades etc.
    The last few months Ive starting building up my little collection.
    I had abit of spare cash last week and ended up buying 3 gorgets off Craigs gottileb auction they will dispay well.
    Once I get my man cave set up i,ll snap off a few photos for you all.
    Rgds Peter.
    Welcome Peter looking forward to seeing those Gorgets !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Welcome Peter,
    You will see the odd Kiwi pop up on here.

Hey guys. I'm Harbard and i like to collect items from World war II and all other military stuff of today. I'm currently looking for investing in a metal detector ( probable Garret ACE 150 ) to start out with.
    I'm owning some military items from world war II and some modern military stuff - I will share the WWII items with you guys and perhaps the modern stuff to if allowed? One day I'll collect my great grandfathers diary and stuff from WWII. We are Finnish so of course he fought the Russian but died later in hospital

Very well, awesome forum, i really like it and there's nothing better than watching some field digging video during a raining evening

/Best regards
    [B]Being a lone wolf gives you time to settle your own mind, your own decision and ideas.
    Being Isolated with a lot of people will end up in dictatorship, everyone thinking the same.[/B]
    [I]//Harbard[/I]

Hi!
    As i wrote already in my topic lets do ti properly here...
    I'm AK bayonet collector from Croatia and over 20yrs collecting edged weapons and equipment. In past collected all kind of army things ( ww2 german stuff at beginning ), so in last few years cleaned collection and oriented it only to Russian AK bayonets ..( vdv insignia and some other equip..)..

Hello all,

I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I'm TJ and Live in US. I have been collecting military decorations and helmets from WWI and WWII from US, UK and Germany for the last 1 - 2 years.

I joined just a few weeks ago. Before I found the forum, I used to rely on peoples "common Decency" to get authentic badges (I would ask them how they got it and if they can guarantee authenticity). I can tell you, not all the people I have dealt with have been honest with me. After asking questions and reading through forums, I was able to identify some of the reproductions (fakes) I have collected in the last couple of years. I've listed the rest of the items I wanted to get opinions on and have received good feedback (it’s not easy to throw stuff out when you have paid for them). So in a sense, I’ve cleansed my collection.

The help I received from the veterans who have been doing this for a long time is simply tremendous, both to authenticate medals and the knowledge on how to. To me, the "how to" part is very important since it lets newcomers, like myself; improve their understanding on what to look for and where when authenticating items.

So I wanted to thank you very one, especially Adrian, rbminis and Big Ned, who have held my hand and helped me quite a bit in just the last few weeks. Thank you very much to all, you guys are doing a tremendous job.
    Last edited by wildkatz22; 11-21-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spell check

?

Glad to have you with us wildkatz22, and great to hear that you are enjoying the forum, and appreciative of the advice and comments from the members here.

Regards,

Carl

Welcome TJ!
    Glad you have joined this forum. Sorry to hear that you were "greased" on a few of your items. Many people have reproduction items, just not in their collections. Some have them to study, some have them just for a reminder of what not to buy.
    Glad to be able to help a fellow collector out.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast