Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

New WRF Members

Article about: Hi Rick, Welcome! Glad to see you here and look forward to your participation.

Welcome Smitty.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Welcome aboard Smitty.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by MAP View Post
    Welcome Smitty!!!

I know you joined just to find out the answers to Larry's trivia questions.......LoL! Just kidding of course. I'm sure you will be a wealth of knowledge given your background!

Envy your job!

Welcome to the forum.

Michael

Michael,

You figured it out about the trivia answers,, Darn.. Just kidding... Thanks again for the welcome and the info on this forum..

Keep in touch...

Smitty

Hi everyone,

Just joined over the weekend and as well as reading lots of the posts to gain info, I've started collecting 3rd Reich bits and bobs. Previously I've hoarded some British militaria from different decades but after a recent trip to Prague, I decided to indulge and bought some Third Reich era awards and badges.

I live in Angus, Scotland and other than the internet, don't know of many places to look at/buy badges/medals etc (although I think there is a place in Aberdeen), and I cursed myself after being in Jersey last year and not buying anything at the musuem there.

In Prague, amongst the EK2, EK1, war merit cross 2nd class with swords (in orginal box) and a few other things, I bought a medal which I don't recognise and was wondering where would be the best place to submit a photo for some assistance in identifying it (even if it is a fake).

Look forward to being on here.

Cheers, Jamie

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just joined over the weekend and as well as reading lots of the posts to gain info, I've started collecting 3rd Reich bits and bobs. Previously I've hoarded some British militaria from different decades but after a recent trip to Prague, I decided to indulge and bought some Third Reich era awards and badges.

I live in Angus, Scotland and other than the internet, don't know of many places to look at/buy badges/medals etc (although I think there is a place in Aberdeen), and I cursed myself after being in Jersey last year and not buying anything at the musuem there.

In Prague, amongst the EK2, EK1, war merit cross 2nd class with swords (in orginal box) and a few other things, I bought a medal which I don't recognise and was wondering where would be the best place to submit a photo for some assistance in identifying it (even if it is a fake).

Look forward to being on here.

Cheers, Jamie
    Hello and welcome to the forum Jamie!
    Please post your badges here and we will sort them out. Please do post them separately though, it will be easier to sort.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...s-third-reich/
    There are also sub forums for various badges.
    Ralph.
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread should help in posting photos directly to the forum server.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

@rbminis Thanks for the welcome. I've attached photos of some of the items I purchased.

The first is this cross with an NSDAP badge on, it's a two piece construction and is the only one I was a bit dubious about as I didn't recognise it. But it was cheap so I bought it!!

The Observer/gunner badge has the maker mark JMME but it's not very clear on the photo.

20161115_095622_001.jpg

20161115_095641.jpg

20161115_095401.jpg

20161115_095445.jpg

20161115_095503.jpg

20161115_095528.jpg

20161115_095541.jpg

20161115_095551.jpg

20161115_095833.jpg

20161115_095952.jpg

20161115_100005.jpg

20161115_100103.jpg

20161115_100139.jpg

Sadly, most are indeed fakes and fairly crude. The kvk2 & EK2 look ok but more photos are needed and the party badge i think is also ok ( cant comment on the Soviet stuff )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

@Danmark That's not good to hear. The air gunner/radio badge was purhased from a supposedly reputable dealer in Prague who had been recommended.

As for the star and pin, they are the Czech Partisan star which was awarded after 1945 to those who were partisans during the occupation.

I certainly was suspicious of the first cross as like I'd said I could not find it anywhere.

Your M1/14 party badge looks OK to me.

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    @rbminis Thanks for the welcome. I've attached photos of some of the items I purchased.

The first is this cross with an NSDAP badge on, it's a two piece construction and is the only one I was a bit dubious about as I didn't recognise it. But it was cheap so I bought it!!

The Observer/gunner badge has the maker mark JMME but it's not very clear on the photo.
    I wish you would have read my whole post. This thread is for introducing yourself, not for posting your whole collection.

Your two party badges should be posted separately here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...zeichen-forum/

Your EK should be posted here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/1939-...s-kreuz-forum/

Your KVK II, (pictured with the EK), should be posted here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/krieg...stkreuz-forum/

The rest, (except the Russian ones), should be posted here with a separate thread for each.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...s-third-reich/

Please look around and read, to observe how this forum works.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast