Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

New WRF Members

Article about: Hi Rick, Welcome! Glad to see you here and look forward to your participation.

?

Welcome Stah!!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Welcome Stah!!!
    Thank you sir!

?

Hi Guys...Just signed up a couple of days ago....and absolutely love this place...I've been lurking for a wee while, and decided I need to sign up... So, yer all stuck with me now...

I drive a truck for a living, and have the best wife on the planet, had her with me for 38 years...

I've been collecting for a little over a year, and love the hobby/obsession....it all started when I was doing research on my uncle who was a Mossie pilot with 605 sqdn in WW2, and I bought an RAF officers cap badge...their was NO looking back after that. I'm a member of a few pages on FB, and one other website...

I was honoured a few months ago, to be asked to become a trustee for a WW1 museum, which is basically my good friends WW1 collection, based in the Morecambe Heritage Centre....Its called The Great War Heritage Project, and is aimed at education of the younger generations...their are FB pages and a website if anyone is interested...

I also do a fair bit shooting /stalking on the hills in Scotland for deer, plus a bit of sea fishing for Common Skate on the west coast of Scotland...

So, their you have it all my life in a nutshell...

Great to be here guys...

Welcome!
    The forum, like the hobby itself, will quickly become an addiction. The only thing better than collecting militaria is being a part of a community that's as passionate about it as you are. This community is certainly passionate, voraciously so. And out of all the communities you could have picked, I'd say you've picked one of the best. You'll find yourself right at home here.

Enjoy your stay!

Regards, B.B.

?

Welcome! Glad you joined us.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Welcome !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Welcome Norrie,

Glad to have you on board.

One small correction to your introduction however... it is my wife who is the best
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Gday Norrie and welcome aboard, this is a great forum with a really knowledgeable crew so like the rest of us here I'm sure you'll learn a lot!

Hello everyone.

I am MrFrank.
    I am middle aged and married.
    I only became interested in WW2 history in early 2017 after seeing a TV documentary espousing the technical superiority of German Nazi weaponry. I then viewed the series online and was fascinated.
    I started obsessively collecting WW2 scale diecast models in mid 2017, and after 5 months, I felt that I had wasted my money when I could have been collecting original WW2 German Nazi memorabilia instead. I also ran out of storage space !
    In October 2017 I started my new hobby and unfortunately fell prey to an unscrupulous online eBay antique dealer who sold me two fake military German Nazi badges. I was upset, and thought about quitting my new hobby, until I found out this is a common way for collectors to start.
    Since then, I have bought more German Nazi; badges, pieces of currency, and three finger rings.
    Sometimes my enthusiasm still got the better of me, and I purchased items after only basic online research.
    I have my doubts about the authenticity of a few of these pieces too.
    I will soon post photos of my most interesting finger ring, hoping that the forum experts tell me it is original.

Regards,

MrFrank
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-20-2018 at 01:37 PM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MrFrank View Post
    Hello everyone.

I am MrFrank.
    I am middle aged and married.
    I only became interested in WW2 history in early 2017 after seeing a TV documentary espousing the technical superiority of German Nazi weaponry. I then viewed the series online and was fascinated.
    I started obsessively collecting WW2 scale diecast models in mid 2017, and after 5 months, I felt that I had wasted my money when I could have been collecting original WW2 German Nazi memorabilia instead. I also ran out of storage space !
    In October 2017 I started my new hobby and unfortunately fell prey to an unscrupulous online eBay antique dealer who sold me two fake military German Nazi badges. I was upset, and thought about quitting my new hobby, until I found out this is a common way for collectors to start.
    Since then, I have bought more German Nazi; badges, pieces of currency, and three finger rings.
    Sometimes my enthusiasm still got the better of me, and I purchased items after only basic online research.
    I have my doubts about the authenticity of a few of these pieces too.
    I will soon post photos of my most interesting finger ring, hoping that the forum experts tell me it is original.

Regards,

MrFrank
    Welcome to WRF MrFrank. Well you have been afflicted with the same problems as most people here. 1) Running out of space and 2) Getting scammed.

But no worries. We here at WRF love helping new collectors out. We look forward to seeing your items and will give honest feedback. Good or bad and sometimes mixed in with some light hearted humor.

There is much to learn in this hobby. But that is the fun part. Study the forums and the threads and you will quickly come up the curve.

My general words of advice to any collector

1) Study what you are interested in collecting. So that when you look, you will be ready to weed out the obvious fake items.
    2) Stay away from eBay. Again....STAY away from eBay
    3) Always. Always. Always post an item before you buy. State why you think it is good or bad (it's a great learning tool)
    4) Don't rush. No item is so rare that you HAVE to buy it right then and there (see point #3)
    5) Study some more. Good reference books are not cheap but a valuable tool for most collectors. They are not always perfect, so supplement that with studying the threads on the forum which have the most up to date information.

And lastly...Say Thanks and Please
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast