Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newly released War Movies.

Article about: I realize that this might not be the place to discuss War Movies but-I thought I would give a "Heads-Up" on the release of two War Movies that are not considered classic I guess be

Default Newly released War Movies.

I realize that this might not be the place to discuss War Movies but-I thought I would give a "Heads-Up" on the release of two War Movies that are not considered classic I guess because of limited exposure to them but--of anyone here who has ever ben on other sites and seen me recommend movies before-check this out.

One movie I have longed to see released onDvD-is FINALLY being released. Th movie stars Richard Widmark as Col. Edwards, Richard Basehart as Major Cargill, June Lockhart as Cargills Wife, Rip Torn as Lt. Miller, Martin Balsam as Sgt. Baker and Delores Michaels as Sgt. Evans.

This movie was Produced by Richard Widmark & his Heath Productions Company and was the only movie that was Directed by his bast friend-Karl Malden (aka) General Omar Nelson Bradley in: Patton. They both did one hell of an excellent job in making this movie as well as all the Actors all were magnificent.

This movie is a Military Courtroom Drama told in flashbacks during the Korean War-with the men mentioned above-who were American PoWs of the Chineese and N/Koreans.

If you like Courtroom dramas such as Judgement At Nuremburg, Twelve Angry Men & The Caine Mutiny--you will love this fine film.

The other movie relesed or soon to be-is Miracle of the White Stallions-which is a Disney film with Robert Taylor as Col. Alois Podhejsky-who was a real person and in which tis film was based partly on-who in Civilian life-had been the head person in charge of training those Lippizanner Stallions. These Stallions were saved only through the efforts of Col Podhejsky who was in the Germn Army-who conacted General Patton and convinced him to help rescue these magnificent Horses from possible destruction by a Waffen SS unit.

This movie is good but not as good as Time Limit is.

Default Re: Newly released War Movies.

I forgot to mention earlier also that if anyone here likes Western movies too-a wholeslew of great oes have been released. These include another reprint of some fine titles with John Waye in them, and alos several with Glenn Ford in them, a few with James Stewart and a few Charles Starette Westerns with him as the Durango Kid-and Smiley Burnette is his Sidekick as it were. ;-D Hope im not the only Westerns and War movie fan on this board?

MCLMM
    ?

Not exactly on topic here, but there's another war movie that's just been released - see YouTube - WWII Z Special Unit Fraser Commando School Training Film Trailer for the trailer

Thanks for the additional-it looks like its worth checking out.

?

got my copy of TOM CRUISE VALKYRIE DVD,,, did you get one?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    got my copy of TOM CRUISE VALKYRIE DVD,,, did you get one?
    I did get a copy-the one with the two discs in it. I liked the Documentary in the extra features-as well as the making of... I finally got a chance to watch it a few days ago-and I thought it was rather well-made and I actually enjoyed watching Tom Cruise-though im not a fan of his.

What did you think about his movie?

?

the uniforms, equipment, even the plane looks great, i like the telephone on the desk... very good movie!

Same here, I thought it was very well done with a lot of attention to details. I was impressed with it as soon as the scenes began-in North Africa. Im glad I invested in the more expensive copy of this DvD-which I normally do not ;-))

VALKYRIE is a well made film. I went to the cinema to see it as i really wanted to see it on the big screen. I agree the attention to detail was admiral and a credit to the makers and set designers.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, I too wanted to watch it on the big screen, just never made it to one unfortunately. Wouldn't it be a hoot if hollywood actually made a sequal? ;-)) OF course im only kidding ;-))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast