Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NI Tankard

Article about: Hi Dave, It did get a bit hairy after Jan 30th 1972. In the whole of that four months tour we had over 400 shooting and bombing incidents - and that's not even counting the riots. Our Unit -

Default NI Tankard

Hi,
    I have had a clear out today of some of my old bits and pieces and found my old tankard from N/I thought you might like to seeit; Some might have seen these before but it might be interesting to others.
    dave.
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 07-20-2011 at 06:44 PM.

?

Default re: NI Tankard

That is a very nice keepsake friend.

?

Very nice,but I think it is spelled Tankard.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Swerge,
    you are dead right i must p----d up to have put that, but thanks anyway,
    and Steve yes it,s a nice keepsake that i forgot i had.
    dave.

Hi Zwerge,
    I have changed the spelling, lol i must have written it thinking in a cornish accent,
    dave.

Cant argue with that lol, lack of sleep i think, thats my excuse, or i cant spell.
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 07-21-2011 at 01:46 PM.

?

Default Re: NI Tankard

Hi Dave,your Cornish keyboard seems to have a problem with the spelling of Zwerge too.... ....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Smile Re: NI Tankard

When I was in Ireland (71/72 & 74) we had to make do with beer cans (Tartan). We didn't have time to poor it in a glass. Mind you, we didn't have much time to sup beer either with all the patrols and that we had to do. You must have had a desk-job to find time to drink out of that!

Hi,
    No desk job just plenty of boot time like yourself, but my job was weapons so it as a gift.
    dave.

Hi Dave,

Where did you serve, and what period? I was in Andersonstown at the time of 'Bloody Sunday' and in New Lodge in 74. I recently wrote a book about my tours - based entirely on the diaries which I kept at the time. I signed a contract with Helion Publishing the other week, and the book will be in the shops by 2013.

Harry.

Hi Harry,
    I was in the light infanrty from 76-82, I was a weapons instuctor took my skill at arms course
    late 77, Aldershot. As you know they they got rid of loads of instuctors in the late 70,s so things got very busy a few of us were in Ballykinler barracks 79-80; bit out the way i thought, but Belfast isnt that far, We were there to learn and come back and teach the guys. I bet you had a hairy time in Andersonstown at that time, and 74 wasnt much different i bet. 79 was a bit of a wast of time as when i came back they sent me to Germany attached to the Jager Regt, but that was a good time, then 81 i was in Gibraltar again very nice and came out in Aug, 82.
    regards dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast