Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

No No No, Just No And I Mean no!....

Article about: Das Boot remake on the way | Den of Geek Can't they leave anything alone!........

Default No No No, Just No And I Mean no!....

Das Boot remake on the way | Den of Geek

Can't they leave anything alone!........

Totally superfluous.

But that's the way most production companies are ticking these days, isn't it? Sod creativity or imagination; let's go for well-known, established, box-office-tried material with a built-in audience and crank out yet another remake/reboot/rehash/sequel/prequel/sidequel/spinoff. (It's ironic, by the way, that the studio president in charge of this latest reanimation is called Christian Franckenstein... But I digress.)

Still, at least it's a German remake and will be made, like the original, by Bavaria Film. At first, I was afraid it would be another pathos-and-pyrotechnics-filled Hollywood atrocity. Can you imagine this material as, say, a Michael Bay movie? ("This Summer: Das Boot. Now with 200 % more explosions!")

Still, let's give the film a chance. I doubt it will be a match for the original, let alone a better work, but stranger things have happened at sea. If its makers are wise, they will not try to simply copy and update the orignal, but re-imagine the material and take it in different directions.

Even if it sinks to the bottom of the artistic ocean, the original will still sail on proudly and undamaged and even look all the better for it.

Nothing can be as bad as U 571, or at least I hope not.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

new cast will be: the rock as captain, harrison ford as the chief, chatum tanning (sp?) as the reporter and the rest of the crew will be kids from one direction and mtv the hills

They cant leave anything alone anymore..because there is no more imagination left to create. Its easier to copy..and add stuff to an already made or classic movie or film.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

So I'd better not mention the 3D 'Downfall' remake then...

I'm waiting for the CGI version of The Battle Of Britain starring Danny Dyer, Jason Statham and Kathy Burke as the love interest!..

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'm waiting for the CGI version of The Battle Of Britain starring Danny Dyer, Jason Statham and Kathy Burke as the love interest!..
    Do we still win in that version, or did another country win it for us?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Nothing can be as bad as U 571, or at least I hope not.
    You need to watch some of the 'B' movie war films on channel 48 - Movies for Men Jerry!

?

Question

I see NO likelihood that a remake will be any better, IF even as good!
    Oh well guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Sarge