Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

An non well known collector web site, problems with ....

Article about: Ok, i have been trying to buy an older brownshirt from a web site, that has the item i want listed for sale. The problem is, this site knows nothing about these items at all, so it seems. I

Default An non known collector web site, problems with ....

Ok, i have been trying to buy an older brownshirt from a web site, that has the item i want listed for sale.

The problem is, this site knows nothing about these items at all, so it seems.

I have been asking for them to have the owner contact me so that i can discuss how, and where, and the history of the item, and they seem like they are refusing to do so.

There are some things wrong with the item, items have been added to the shirt, that are not correct, and after after explaining every thing i know, they are still stuck on this really crazy price, the price they are asking, is what i could pay for an brownshirt from a well know collector, with proper history documentation, and a guarantee on the item with an return policy, this site has none of that.

And yet, they are asking well over 2K for the brownshirt, with a set of breeches that do not go with it, and are not proper with it.

The reason why is, the owner bought the item well over 10 years ago, and it is a piece parts put together bownshirt, some might even call it an frankenstein shirt.

I told them, i buy the item, not the story.

I have sent several pics of what it should look like, and yet this guy who admits he knows nothing of these shirts, still insist what i am saying is wrong.

My problem is, I want to speak to the owner of the shirt, and the person that has it on consignment, refuses to let me speak to the owner.

I feel the owner is asking a really low price, and the guy who has it at his shop is trying to make 4 times what is actually being asked for it.

This shirt has been on several other forums, and yet no takers on it, you would think, He would have wised up by now, and realized that its not a 2K shirt at all.

So, how would you all handle this, as i dont think this guy has contacted the actual owner of the shirt at all, he thinks he will find some dumb sucker that will dish out that price, i will not.

I have sent pics to some other prominent members in here, and they all see some issues with it also.

I dont want to post any pics here, just in case the guy trolls this site also.

Please let me know what you all think how you all would handle this consigner.

Thank you
    Brian
    Last edited by blackheart0866; 06-16-2010 at 01:39 AM.

Default Re: An non well known collector web site, problems with ....

Hi Brian, I would walk away from this deal. Clearly all he can see is $ signs.

Cheers, Ade.

I know Adrian, it just really piss me off, that the co-signer is not doing what the owner of the shirt would want him to do, and the guy who is holding it , is basically holding it hostage, and not allowing TRUE COLLECTORS a chance to have the item, and being able to show it off for all other members to look at it.

Thank you
    Brian

Thanks Adrian..

Much appreciated, and you are the MAIN reason why i donate money to this site, and come here....

Thank you
    Brian

Sorry, i do not understand your question. According to your own oppinion, the brownshirt is not Original. So what? Run away! Or do you think, the former owner will tell you the truth? If you like to add this item to your good and wonderfull collection you have to buy ONLY an original. If you like it because it looks wonderful, so buy it but keep it away of your collection.

My question is, how would you handle a person that is the co-signer of an item, that will not let you talk to the owner of an item, especially, a co-signer, that is clueless when it comes to WW2 German items...

Brian