Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

North Korean/Chinese Korea War Caps - Opinions?

Article about: Good Evening Everyone, I hope this post finds you all well. It's been a relatively quiet winter for me as University has taken my time away from what few estate and garage sales dare brave t

Default North Korean/Chinese Korea War Caps - Opinions?

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope this post finds you all well. It's been a relatively quiet winter for me as University has taken my time away from what few estate and garage sales dare brave the winter cold. However I have tried to keep busy scanning in my little bit of free time for anything which may catch my eye. With that said I'm hoping someone among the community may have some insight into North Korean/ Chinese militaria from the Korean War era. I found these two caps and am seeking an opinion on these before making a move. I believe both may be iodized as they are quite salty However I find these two curiously fascinating and nice conversation starters. I hope this thread is well placed in the right area!

Warm regards to the reader as we continue to collect, enjoy, preserve and educate others about this fascinating history.

IMG_4577.jpgIMG_4578.jpgIMG_4580.jpgIMG_4584.jpgIMG_4585.jpgIMG_4586.jpgIMG_4587.jpg

By the looks of it, the first one is definitely a North Korean kepi (or a reproduction). I'm no expert in this field, but the badge and overall style along with the buttons on the side match with examples I've seen. Similar kepis can be seen in modern-day North Korea.
    ppsh1.jpg
    nkppsh.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    z.jpg
    zz.jpg
    Arrangement of buttons and overall design is still similar.

The second one I am not too sure about. There's not much to identify here (could be civilian), but I'm guessing that it's a Type 50 People's Liberation Army field cap, albeit missing the badge.
    zzzz.jpeg
    zzzzz.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpeg
    aaaaaaaaaaa.jpeg
    aaaaa.jpg

Regards,
    Gordon

Both items could very likely be from the same era (Korean War).