Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Not for Sale - Order of Sts Cyril and Methodius

Article about: I just want to show you one special item. Order of Sts Cyril and Methodius, Magnificent Collar Badge, in Gold, superbly enameled, set with Diamonds and precious Gems, and of absolutely super

Default Not for Sale - Order of Sts Cyril and Methodius

I just want to show you one special item.

Order of Sts Cyril and Methodius,
    Magnificent Collar Badge, in Gold, superbly enameled, set with Diamonds and precious Gems, and of absolutely superb manufacture, circa 1910: Badge in Gold (topped with thin layer of silver housing gems, as was a custom before “white gold” was discovered), weighing 43.4 grams, measuring 80.0x75.0mm, with loop attached, containing: 274 Diamonds (loop set with additional 5 diamonds), weighing approximately 3.00 Carats, of fine quality; also set with 72 genuine Sapphires, of various shapes (kite, round, half-moon, baguette), mostly custom cut to fit shape of the Badge, weighing total of approximately 7.00 Carats; 180 genuine Rubies, of various shapes (round, square, marquise, triangle), mostly custom cut to fit shape of the Badge, weighing total of approximately 10.00 Carats; reverse of the Badge set with custom cut 24 baguette, and 7 round genuine Rubies, weighing total of approximately 3.00 Carats; reverse additionally set with 63 round Diamonds, weighing total of approximately 0.40 Carats; unmarked Badge, however it is known that during early 1900’s premier maker of the finest insignia for Bulgarian and Austrian Royalty, indeed for Royalty of Continental Europe - was Viennese maker A.E. Köchert, undoubtedly a maker of this Collar Badge. Absolutely superbly made and most impressive Badge, and of highest rarity; to best of my knowledge such Badge has not been available on the market in the last 30 years. Attributed to Bulgarian Tsar Ferdinand. (Not for sale, shown for collector’s interest only).

Regards eMedals

aaa.jpgaa.jpg

Default Re: Not for Sale - Order of Sts Cyril and Methodius

very nice the coloured gems are absouluty brilliant being a wee bit of a collector of them to it looks amazingly done must have taken a long time in 1910 to do it so perfectly thanks for sharing

tom