Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Not sure where to post this? but I need to warn you Guys of a major scam artist on Ebay.

Article about: I hope nobody minds me posting this "heads-up" here about an ebay scam artist but-if anyone here like myself collect WWII German photos-I feel it's my duty to warn you guys about e

Exclamation Not sure where to post this? but I need to warn you Guys of a major scam artist on Ebay.

I hope nobody minds me posting this "heads-up" here about an ebay scam artist but-if anyone here like myself collect WWII German photos-I feel it's my duty to warn you guys about ebay seller/scam artist Kiev43.

I'll start from the beginning.

The last time I ever looked and or bought anything on ebay was about 9 years ago. Back in Feb-I decided to give the place another try and have indeed gained several nice and some are rare-items for good prices. Well, as you gents here will sometime in the future see some of my WWII pix collection-including some nice new acquisitions I recently got.

OK, back in Feb, I restarted buying original photos from a dealer I used to buy from but hadn't in years and he is SILL a great guy to buy from--ebay name is Gamsdivision. This guy is a Gentleman and great to deal with.

However, since this thread is not about GamsDiv/ but is about a scoundrel by the name of Kiev43.

I decided to try for several of Kiev43s auctions winning some great images. Notice I did not say they were original-which to my chagrin-I just found out today after waiting almost two months for the pics to arrive-still minus several images.

Tha seller gives lousy descriptions of the photos he sells and also claims they are original when they certainly are NOT originals. This seller also seems to have a VERY bad time at replying to peoples questions and concerns. This guy also lies about when and how a persons purchases are sent-to which I still have every PM and email I ever got from this guy as proof to the matter.

Well, im also posting his here to serve as a warning to you guys to watch out for dealers (especially in the Kiev area) who are supposed to be selling what is claimed as """"original WWII German Photographs"""" when they clearly are not originals as I just found out this afternoon.

I am chalking this lesson up as a "lesson learned" as well as a loss of close to $400.00-which I cannot make up the loss of-anytime soon.

This loss I incurred will be less painful-if I can save others from making the mistake I made-in buying from this guy.

Also, I must say that a photo he had placed for sale about a month or so ago-that I won and paid for-well, he listed it for sale again-to which I again purposedly bid high on so that another bidder does NOT get shafted like I did. I then yesterday and today both, sent him PMs and emails which went unanswered (as usual) that I was concerned for the fact that he was reselling a photo I already paid for but never recieved. Well, I will give him exactly one week, before I rip him a new one publicly and legally according to ebays rules.

I hope this posting is Ok and allowed to stay here to serve as a continual reminder to anybody here who collects photos-to stay as far away from this scoundrel as you can.

If anyone is interested in more-just let me know?

Cheers-H.B-1944.

Default Re: Not sure where to post this? but I need to warn you Guys of a major scam artist on Ebay.

I forgot to mention that the photos "look" good and all of them even have Agfa stamped on their backsides as well as all numbered writen with a pencil.

These photos are about the size of asmall postcard-when the actual photos should be half that size. Thesephotos have also been "aged" with yellowing to them to make them appear vintage-andsome even come with bends in them and other creases and such. I bought all of these at the same time-which is how I got burned so badly-other-wise-had the purchases gone on over a more lengthy time-I would have been presented with the painful truth earlier and at a much lower cost.

I get "taken" very rarely because I normally do all the "homework" necessary before I dive into a purchase. I got taken this time out because all hese pics I bouht over the period of about two days time.

Best rgards-H.B-1944.

Default Re: Not sure where to post this? but I need to warn you Guys of a major scam artist on Ebay.

Many thanks for the heads up
    Ben

Hi history-buff

I'am sry to hear this, it proves again that you can't let your guard down in this hobby.

I hope you know that you can give negative feedback these days without getting negative back from the seller...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi History-buff,
    Sorry you got taken. Thanks for the heads up tho. I look at ebay often to educate myself on fakes but rarely buy. Like someone on this site said to me "its a mine field out there". You did your homework and still got taken. Hope it reinforces the problems out there for everyone. Will Paypal be able to help you recover anything or did you use another form of payment? If you used Paypal and they either helped or refused to help might help myself and others in the future. Again, sorry. John

Hi History

Like the others have said, Its good to be able to learn from your experience. Things have changed on Ebay over the last 8 years ive used E bay.

E bays not for me, There is many other places to Safely shop. If you do buy on E bay Always use Pay pal! As Mentioned. And Read Pay pals Rules Thoroughly.

Regards

Hi Guys, thank you for the nice comments and helpful advice-which I will heed to from now on. Unfortunately on my part-I could not use Paypal because everytime I tried setting up an account-it would not work-s I was forced to use Money Orders as payment.

One other good thing to come from this, is that I know a few other good and safe dealers to bid with and all are here in the States. Gamsdivision sells tons of pics on a very regular basis. I've dealt with him for years and is a reputable dealer.

Ben, your quite welcome and glad my posting is here to save others from losing a large amount-or any for that matter? with this guy. Oh and one thing I forgot to mention, is that he also goes by the name of Adolff-when sending replies to emails-when he decides to reply.
    I did notice that another name was on the regular snailmail envelope from where the items were shipped from. I can't make out the name and address as it was so sloppily written.

Hi Nick, I had not known about that--sounds nice and I like the idea of telling about a dealer and not being kicked in the groin in return.

Thank you John and-I completely agree with your reply. It IS a minefield out there and I now have limited myself to dealing with only three photo dealers-the two from Kiev are history to me and i'll never buy from them again. Something I do like that the Rep from ebay told me-is that I can legall-as accordingto their rules-I can contact other buyers and tell them about this seller-and not be in any trouble for it. One thing I will guarentee is that im going to be on Kiev43s (Adolffs) case like a Tick to a Hound Dog. Im going to make this guys life a living hell as best as I can--that is unless he refunds all of my money (or most of it)-which I highly doubt he will do.

Hi Justin, thanks as well and using paypal is somthing I wanted to do from the beginning but--I don't know why I could never set up an account-which I tried several times-but I always got back an error message when doing so. I even called ebay customer service about it-and they could not figue out why i couldn't set up an account that worked.

One thing I did learn about ebay-is that they own paypal and several dealers told me that they resented to the change in ebay policy in that people could not pa using Money Orders if that was theri only means-like it was for me-so therefore they lost potential income thanks to that rule. However, I did contact a few sellers by email and PM and do know who I can deal with and trust-with money orders.

I also buy movie memorbilia-mostly studio release pics and lobby cards-and already have dealer picked that ill buy from.

Take care Gents and thanks again for your support-I had a great feeling about this site when I first was invited here-and I see that my feelings were correct ;-))

Cheers-H.B-1944.

Sorry you got shafted,hope you can argue the toss with ebay. Thanks for the heads up. Stewy S

Hi Stewy, glad to help by giving such warnings. What I find hard to believe is thet Kiev43 has repeat customers even after thy get the ""original Copies"" in and even a blind man can see those photos are fake-when seen first hand. When seen in their auctions--you can't tell they are not originals.

I also have Adolff very nervous because I told him I have been in touch with the Authorities in his area as well as Interpol. I already noticed that he is not listing as many pics as he used to do. I think he knows his time is limited at scamming people-at least as Kiev43 or Ranutek.

I would like to know if e-bay helps you out in this.