Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Once a Soldier!!!!

Article about: A good friend of mine who was in the Marine Corps with me . Sent me this! I thought it is so true that I would share it here and that some of you old timer's would like it! always a soldier.

?

Default Once a Soldier!!!!

A good friend of mine who was in the Marine Corps with me . Sent me this!
    I thought it is so true that I would share it here and that some of you old timer's would like it!
    always a soldier.JPG

Semper Fi
    Phil

Default Re: Once a Soldier!!!!

Agree.
    the soldier is always in you.
    chris

I will take this photo and post it on my facebook and also forward it in my emails to those I know......Hopefully those who see it will not take for granted the old people in our lives as useless and in the way..... as the elders themselves were in the way.............in the way of being shot at,,in the way of advancing troops...and in the way when they were protecting the freedoms of their own countries. I see in an elder person a seasoned soldier in life,,with much know how and much to teach. Their faces say more than what words can express. Im proud of them.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi
    I have seen this pic before, and as an Ex soldier myself the soldier is always in you, but this always reminds me of my lovely old dad, he is no longer with us, so thanks for putting it on.
    Dave.

Its true, your experiences never leave you. Civvies think they understand us, but they don't.

?

I am an ex soldier & I work with ex soldiers we hours of fun talking about the good old days!! anything from ration packs to Apache choppers..Always seems to better back then!!!..Bones made from rubber & always find enough money for going on the pop...Making shapes to Rick Ashley lol.. Yes always a soldier...Cheers Terry.

?

A powerful image. I always thought this was another........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nice .
    chris

When I was a young boy I would always ask my Granddad about the war (ww2) he would tell me nice stories... when he was in hospital he asked if I wanted to hear the truth I said sure (I was 13 at the time). He told me when he went into Belsen Concentration Camp with the RAF, he said no life or soul filled that place; so much fear in his eyes, was very scary watching his eyes freeze

I have much respect for the forces.