Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The One (or more) That Got Away.

Article about: I figured that because I really do enjoy hearing people's stories, unless they are complete BS, some interesting stories could be shared around this topic. In they time you have been collect

Quote by CBH View Post
    Wow, the Water Protection Police daggers have to be worth more than an SA Dagger and HJ armband! He got a good deal

Yes indeed, it was't that he got a good deal, it was me getting screwed !
    I was High School kid and he was a Vet, no honour among Thieves.
    There sure isn't.. like when people are peddling " Hitler's this" or "Eva Braun's that" and it is utter garbage. Terrible and dishonorable. But that is a topic for another thread!

I reached out to a Russian relic hunter a few months ago on eBay to arrange a deal for some large Luftwaffe aircraft parts. We agreed on a price point of $200 for one really awesome part, but he told me he wouldn't upload the piece for sale until a week later. He said he was busy with work or something. Anyways I Patiently waited a week, and heard no response. I messaged him multiple times to see what the issue was, and I received no response. About 3-4 more weeks passed, and I still heard nothing from the seller. I assumed he simply forgot about the deal, or no longer wanted to sell it. Well after checking his feedback I found out he listed the item on auction with out giving me a heads up first, and it sold to another Luftwaffe enthusiast. The icing on the cake was when I found the man who bought the legendary piece reselling it on eBay for much more then the original price

Best regards- Jarret

IMG_E1561[1].JPGIMG_E1562[1].jpg

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    I reached out to a Russian relic hunter a few months ago on eBay to arrange a deal for some large Luftwaffe aircraft parts. We agreed on a price point of $200 for one really awesome part, but he told me he wouldn't upload the piece for sale until a week later. He said he was busy with work or something. Anyways I Patiently waited a week, and heard no response. I messaged him multiple times to see what the issue was, and I received no response. About 3-4 more weeks passed, and I still heard nothing from the seller. I assumed he simply forgot about the deal, or no longer wanted to sell it. Well after checking his feedback I found out he listed the item on auction with out giving me a heads up first, and it sold to another Luftwaffe enthusiast. The icing on the cake was when I found the man who bought the legendary piece reselling it on eBay for much more then the original price

Best regards- Jarret

IMG_E1561[1].JPGIMG_E1562[1].jpg
    Yeah, that would burn my backside. I don't get why people just can't honor their word. What more do you have, really? And then talk about profiteering! Wow, a bit of a mark up there!

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Yeah, that would burn my backside. I don't get why people just can't honor their word. What more do you have, really? And then talk about profiteering! Wow, a bit of a mark up there!
    Yeah it really frustrated me. A rare piece like that doesn't pop up for sale every day. LoL, I agree. A huge price markup.

Best regards- Jarret

During the 1980's when the miners strike was at its height in this country, there was an arms fair on at the Parr hall here in Warrington. Several of the stall holders were miners who were selling their collections to try and get some money to live off while the strikes dragged on. I was looking on one such stall, and I noticed a Knights Cross - and yes it was real, and the asking price was 25... Well I walked on after weighing it up... and I got to the end of the hall - my mind made up to buy this bargain, and I turned around and headed back. And you've guessed it... someone else had already stepped in and bought it. And I've STILL not learned any lessons from that!

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Author of... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack: Andersonstown.. Voices From 9 Battery Royal Artillery In Northern Ireland'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    During the 1980's when the miners strike was at its height in this country, there was an arms fair on at the Parr hall here in Warrington. Several of the stall holders were miners who were selling their collections to try and get some money to live off while the strikes dragged on. I was looking on one such stall, and I noticed a Knights Cross - and yes it was real, and the asking price was 25... Well I walked on after weighing it up... and I got to the end of the hall - my mind made up to buy this bargain, and I turned around and headed back. And you've guessed it... someone else had already stepped in and bought it. And I've STILL not learned any lessons from that!

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Man! A Knights Cross for that price!! Crazy! I would have been on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12