MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 110 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Thanks patrick I will see if I can take a few images with my so called smart phone in a bit and transfer them over to my laptop.

Regards Mark K

There is a gentleman and fellow military collector, Ed Sunday, who you can reach at his and his wife's website, Sunday and Sunday, that I have bought several pocket watch's from. He can repair them and recondition them for you. A personable and honest man who is at every SOS show. His wife sells antique jewelry while Ed sells daggers and watch's. I highly recommend you contact Ed for his professional opinion of what he could do for your watch's. Just click on my link and you will see what he has. Good luck with them!

Mark

Quote by Andrew View Post
    I have been keeping busy with wood carving. the one shown in progress, i'm working on now. I even tried my hand at carving bone. the bone looked a little like a tree stump, so I thought an owl would work well with it.
    Hi Andrew. I love the Hawken........!
    Regards,

Steve.

DSC05352.JPG

So that's what happened to Jimmy Hoffa....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello Patrick, great collection.

Your silver Birmingham watch is very nice and worth getting
    fixed, IMO. You don't see these 1/2 exposed dial pocket
    watches that often - it's extra special because it's
    a family heirloom.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Love the half hunter, Patrick It's very elegant. I'd second getting it repaired so that you can use it and enjoy it. Try asking around at your local auction house - they may be able to put you in touch with a reputable watchmaker.

Am still busy working on my Babylon 5 fanfic - it'll be three years on thursday since I started writing it. Have just finished chapter 31 and am about to break both the 300 page mark and the 200,000 word barrier. Have to confess I'm a sucker for punishment on that one LOL.

For those of you familiar with Babylon 5, it's set between the episodes "Grey 17 is Missing" and "Moments of Transition" and charts the slide of Minbar into civil war.

Anyways, here's a little taster from a forthcoming chapter:

Artillery fire crashed overhead, the heavy cloud cover flickering with the sickly green pulses of neutron canon discharge. Pitched battles raged from street to street like they had for much of the last fifteen days as, seemingly oblivious to the showers of cold driving rain, the warriors moved to crush any resistance from the religious caste inside the capital city. Overlaid periodically by the dull crump of percussion mortars and the sliding rattle of falling masonry, small arms fire crackled and whined in ferocious rippling bursts through gaping holes torn in once-beautiful buildings, now reduced to nothing but empty shells and shattered fragments.

Huddling in an abandoned doorway that somehow, miraculously, had remained intact, Alyt Mazic cradled his mortally-wounded cousin in his arms, heedless of the chaos erupting around him. Covered in blood that was not his own, Mazic swallowed the sour lump in his throat and tried not to gaze in nauseated fascination at Branval’s ruined chest.

Shakiri you shadow-hearted Soul Hunter… What in Valen’s Name have you done to us?

There had been snipers hidden on what remained of a temple roof and also on the ruined craft hall opposite, picking off anyone in warrior black that moved below. Tasked with locating and clearing booby traps left behind in empty buildings, Branval’s squad had been caught in a vicious crossfire. Pinned down within the range of religious caste weapons, retribution had been swift and brutal.

Branval was neither young nor inexperienced – out of an ingrained sense of duty he had volunteered to command warriors planetside, having been given leave to return to Minbar from his post as the senior Sech in explosives and weaponry at the academy on Talafa.

And now he was dying, his chest torn apart by razor-sharp splinters beyond any Healer’s ability to repair. He had been helping attend to the injured when he had gone down, victim of a fragmentation grenade thrown callously amongst the dead and wounded to generate confusion. But apart from offering whatever comfort he could in his cousin’s final moments, there was nothing more that Mazic, or anyone else, could do for him.

It had been the agonized screams that had alerted Mazic and the others. A swift message to the nearest gun emplacement had finally put a stop to the snipers, but much too late to do any good; they were now buried underneath the mountain of rubble when the buildings harbouring them had been collapsed by a burst of well-placed shots. Perhaps it was a macabre form of poetic justice that was being played out, but truthfully, it was nothing more than simple survival.

Branval’s shallow gurgling breaths became tortuous and laboured as blood inexorably filled his lungs. Then abruptly – and mercifully, the breaths stopped altogether. Blessed and Holy Valeria, I entrust the immortal soul of Branval unto thy care… Unable to complete the prayer, Mazic broke down and wept.

?

Sorry for the late reply Patrick my smart phone and I are having a little disagreement on how to down load images.
    Here are two of the watches I have and I can not find my other older Scotty by Westclock it has a flap of finished leather that protects the crystal and snaps on the far side .
    They are nothing special they are a working mans watch as you can tell by the one.
    The leather craftsman is very reasonable and builds anything to suit.

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

image.jpg

This is my other hobby, my landrover. It is a work in progress but it is coming along nicely I think.

?

Go anywhere do anything love those trucks.My fist truck was a 1966 Land-rover I can still remember using the crank start and just about breaking my wrist

Regards Mark K