Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 114 of 149 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Further collections. Only one of these is military, the rest
    are commercial ( Some privately owned sets were likely
    pressed into service in WWII - much like the American
    call for binocular donations in WWI ) The oldest here
    is from 1931.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

Gents I have a confession to make.....my other collecting interest which started at around the age of 8 in 1964, when I was freaked out by James Bond (and yes I had the corgi Aston and still have it !) was the U.S. T.V. series "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." I joined UNCLE and when I was not playing "Germans & English" with my friends, we donned our triangular badges with our Lone Star Luger, P38 or Broomhandle Mauser (I still have all three plus the attache case) and we often argued who was going to be Napoleon Solo, Illya Kuryakin or the baddies THRUSH !
    I still had some of my toys from then and then some collected over the past 50 odd years......see below, childish or nostalgic ?
    Its a man thing I keep telling my wife...her face was a picture when I got them out of the loft
    Prost ! Steve.

p.s. if anyone has any of these U.N.C.L.E. toys/books or memorabilia for sale please pm me.

Nice Steve,
    I had the badge and one of the pistols. Don't remember which one.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Lol - I still have my Corgi 'James Bond' Aston.........
    Regards,

Steve.

another small victory for me.

As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, I collect small scale diecast cars
    that represent the race teams that I have done work for. Well, this one
    just arrived yesterday.

It is a small scale version of the NHRA Kalitta funnycar. I helped build the
    truck and trailer that the Kalitta team races this car out of. Attached is a
    picture of the new car and also a picture of the truck and trailer as it sat outside
    of our shop.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I am sure I previously mentioned that I liked walking and taking photo's. I recently walked to the top of Mt Snowdon., highest mountain in England and Wales
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Looks nice up there Jerry B, I have done it myself many times !

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Looks nice up there Jerry B, I have done it myself many times !
    It was a first for me, I walked up the snowdon ranger path. I mostly walk in the Brecon beacons and along the welsh coast path. I have been up Pen Y Fan uncounted times and all those in that area.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I like the Miners Track up from Pen-y-Pass, or if I am feeling adventurous I take the Pyg Track up over Crib Goch ridge. I don't think I have ever done the Ranger Path, I have done the Horseshoe once which takes in part of the Watkin Path, which in turn is part of the Ranger Path I believe, I need to do this again sometime soon !

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I am sure I previously mentioned that I liked walking and taking photo's. I recently walked to the top of Mt Snowdon., highest mountain in England and Wales
    That looks absolutely beautiful Jerry, the top pic is really stunning mate. How high up from the lakes are you there?