Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 149 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I collect paper currency from around the world, not that I have visited all these countries

Nick
    Dito but a side line out right

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That's my knd of camper van Ralph! What fish is that you've caught? Was it on a fly?
    Fly fishing is another of my hobbies, my daughter has also developed a passing interest in it too so we go fishing, somehow I end up paying and she ends up having the sport. My parents bought her a fly rod and reel for Christmas just gone so this year I'm hoping for some long, warm lazy evenings by the water with her fishing.
    Here she is last summer with a Rainbow trout, just under 6lb.
    Thanks Adrian!
    It is a 6 1/2 lb Walleye, or pickerel, They are quite tasty.
    Unfortunately not on a fly, it was caught on a 6ft. ultra light spinning rod with 4lb test no stretch line. Almost as good as a fly rod.
    I think it is great that your daughter has gotten involved in fly fishing, I think if more people would actually try it, they would enjoy it a lot. Somehow I don't think that you are bothered by the fact that you end up paying for her to enjoy such a great hobby.
    The year that my ex decided to call it quits, I had my daughter out fishing with me in the van and my friend's boat every weekend for two or three days as I was working 4-10's and every weekend was a three day'er.
    That is a lovely rainbow! Tell her congratulations from me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Nooooooo.
    Stop posting fish or I will have to start a new thread devoted to them.
    That's a nice bowy Adrian,Your little one must have been stoked catching such a fine fish on the fly.
    Well done to her.
    Cool camper rbminis,A useable off road who cares what happens to it camper.
    Well set up with your rod racks inside and roof mounted canoe.Go sink a hook into um mate.
    Cheers from Australia's trout Mecca and tight lines.
    Thanks Dave,
    I built the motor that is in my van about 25 years ago. It is a 350 hp 350 cu. in. V-8. It now has about 350,000 km on it and runs on the highway like a clock. Doesn't burn any oil and is reliable as hell. The blue van is my friend's and is set up almost the same inside.
    The top three rods in the rack are my fly rods and the rest are spinning rods. There is now another rack on the ceiling above the foot space of the bed. This is where I keep my 2 piece spinning rods. I recently have invested in a few ultra light spinning rods, they are as long as I can find, (it is tough to find any that are longer than 5ft) but all I buy are 6ft. I really like the light no stretch lines that have been developed in the last few years.
    Ralph.
    P.S. I would really love to try fly fishing in your part of the world!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Dito but a side line out right
    Rene, you should really check out the new Canadian bills with the transparent strip and new security features. They are quite neat.
    Ralph.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I collect paper currency from around the world, not that I have visited all these countries

Nick
    Nick, a Canadian two dollar bill, they are quite rare now. I have a few of them stashed away. Even the ones are not in circulation any more. I have an uncut sheet of 40 one dollar bills framed hanging on my wall.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Rene, you should really check out the new Canadian bills with the transparent strip and new security features. They are quite neat.
    Ralph.
    I'll have to look, have you seen our plastic notes?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-21-2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added photo

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I'll have to look, have you seen our plastic notes?
    The best General on the Western Front 1917-1918 IMO.Sir John Monash 1865-1931.The civillian soldier at his best.
    Leader of the best 5 Infantry divisions in Europe without doubt.The Divisions which stopped the German advance of 1918.The leader who's tactics broke the back of the enemy to finish the conflict.
    One of the most under rated Generals of all time.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 02-21-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    The best General on the Western Front 1917-1918 IMO.Sir John Monash 1865-1931.The civillian soldier at his best.
    Leader of the best 5 Infantry divisions in Europe without doubt.The Divisions which stopped the German advance of 1918.The leader who's tactics broke the back of the enemy to finish the conflict.
    One of the most under rated Generals of all time.
    .......who, as a thirteen year old boy, along with the rest of the town, was held captive in the Jerelderie hotel by the Kelly gang in 1879. The young John Monash asked Ned for a souvenir and was given a bullet as a keepsake by our most famous bushranger. (The Kelly gang are one of my hobbies!)

Pretty Keen on the fishing as well, no trout where I'm from but we still enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Ralph,
    Some hasty shots of a few of my lighter braid 6'6" spinning rods.Nice stiff tips on them all for soft plastics exept the Shimano Taipan which is quite whippy and a tad shorter at 6 foot.The old Shimano Taipan (15 odd years old) is still my fav light hardbody lure rod,Gives the lure a nice action with a few wrist jerks every few cranks.
    My Little 1000 Shimano is spooled with 4 pound on one spool and 6 pound on the other.The Penn is my 8 pound salt water light spinning reel and is matched to the Don Cliffton rod in the image.

PICT0003.jpgPICT0001.jpgPICT0005.jpg

I like the longer rod for soft plastics as it gives me length to maneuver the offering and the feel with the stiffer tip and braided line.I must agree soft plastic's fished with braid is similar to fishing a wet fly.
    And my old Landy Defender 130,I love this old girl,she never lets me down.Touch wood.
    Tight lines Ralph.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 02-21-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Page 38 of 149 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast