Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 149 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    When I get to Texas, I chill out with friends.

Regards,

Andy
    Funny coincidence; almost the same chill-out activity, as when I go to see my Texan friends....

I forgot to add genealogy is my other hobby. Had a rather interesting find today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I forgot to add genealogy is my other hobby. Had a rather interesting find today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, that is a fascinating subject, I have an uncle who loves to delve into it. Forgive my curiosity...would you be willing to share your story with us...?

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice cat Carl I will need to see if I can find the pictures my wife had her dream come true a few years ago and she got to feed a baby Siberian Tiger it's bottle at a game park while we were traveling in Oregon are home is full of tiger prints and tiger related items .
    That is my wifes true collecting passion.

Regards Mark K
    Indeed, its a beautiful experience Mark. I too have had many chances to share time with these creatures, who for me are the most majestic of all animals on the planet. I have had several cubs clambering all over me, falling asleep in my arms etc. Not to mention feeding adults by hand (carefully mind!). The tiger shown above is a South China sub species, but most of my experiences have come with my favourites, the Amur/Siberian tiger. At the moment, we are waiting on news of one of the females who is due to give birth at any time. All being well, there should be a few more of these fantastic cats along very soon.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Carl, I can.

Still putting it all into context, turns out my 2nd cousin 3 times removed is the famous film director Robert Edward Stevenson, who you will all know from his Disney films. He directed "Mary Poppins", "The Love Bug" etc.

Robert Stevenson - IMDb

His daugther is the actress Venetia Invicta Stevenson, who stared in the WW2 film Darby's Rangers. Found pics of her with Elvis, etc. She married Don Everly of the Everly Brother's fame.

Their daughter is Erin Invicta Everly, my 5th cousin, once removed. She married Axl Rose! He wrote Sweet child of mine for her.

How cool is that?

I can take my direct Stevenson bloodline back to 1580.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Carl, I can.

Still putting it all into context, turns out my 2nd cousin 3 times removed is the famous film director Robert Edward Stevenson, who you will all know from his Disney films. He directed "Mary Poppins", "The Love Bug" etc.

Robert Stevenson - IMDb

His daugther is the actress Venetia Invicta Stevenson, who stared in the WW2 film Darby's Rangers. Found pics of her with Elvis, etc. She married Don Everly of the Everly Brother's fame.

Their daughter is Erin Invicta Everly, my 5th cousin, once removed. She married Axl Rose! He wrote Sweet child of mine for her.

How cool is that?

I can take my direct Stevenson bloodline back to 1580.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow! Thank you for sharing that, its fantastic stuff Ade. It must have been very rewarding to find out all that information, and with connections to such influential people too, brilliant!

Cheers,

Carl

?

For a moment there I honestly thought you were going to say you were related to Robert Louis Stevenson, but i reckon all the others are supercalfragilisticexpialidocous

Quote by davejb View Post
    For a moment there I honestly thought you were going to say you were related to Robert Louis Stevenson, but i reckon all the others are supercalfragilisticexpialidocous
    You looked up the spelling on that didn't you Dave....?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Actually I take that back, you missed out an 'A' and an 'I'......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Git to go bac to spicsabres, thees glissass dont holp much

Page 44 of 149 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast