Page 76 of 116 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Thereabouts mate - I don't like giving out too much location wise lol

What kind of donk have you got in the Landy?

We have an old 60's version we want to do up as a dune cruiser with a 253 Hemi. Very long term project though!

It has the 2.2 puma engine, I only picked it up this arvo but it seems to be alright. It has a six speed box which should be pretty good, I reckon that extra gear will make a difference on the open road. I might take off to Kalbarri over the Australia Day weekend and see how she goes.

The old landies are fun to play with too mate, I had a 1966 ex Kiwi army one and a 1979 ex Aussie army one before I got the 300tdi.

?

Nice. New cars are always a good time. I'm sure she'll be in her element offroad.

Drop me a PM if you come through Gero. Can't garauntee I'll be free but it would be good to meet up for a drink and lunch at the Camel or something

What's the beer of choice around there Mac?...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

Well in terms of beer I'm quite partial to the imported Dutch Grolsch lager.

The devils juice, whisky, is more my poison though. A Laphroaig Quarter Cask straight in a decent glass will do me just fine thankyee.

What about yourself?

I love most German, Czech or Polish beers, when i visited Berlin last December i spent about 6 hours in this place Brauhaus in Spandau getting slaughtered on their Chrismas beer, 7% on draught. I don't drink spirits much but when i do it's single malt.
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

?

?

?

hello folks, i forget who it was here that told me last year i should try carving bone or antler, its a harder material. well i was bored this weekend. my dogs had a good size bone laying around they have not chewed on in a long time. so i stole it from them lol. i noticed it looked kind of like a tall tree stump. my daughter has a thing for owl's, so i made this for her. i did a shallow cut to begin with, but i decided i'd rather cut the owl out compleatly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That owl is great!....