Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

RZM
    ?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Here's one of my other hobbies, hunting for American Civil War relics! It's still militaria related, but in a different way
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a buddy that does that. It's hit or miss. I'd like to try it around my house, a lot of foot traffic headed towards Gettysburg via my area.

The bathroom trash can is finished

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Nice, I especially like the fitted 'straining handles'.....But isn't it a bit uncomfortable without a seat?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Nice, I especially like the fitted 'straining handles'.....But isn't it a bit uncomfortable without a seat?
    I said its a trash can, not a crap can! Geeze, Ned. But if you must know, I use a laxative so the handles don't get much use

Good job you told me that before inviting me around to view your collection. Wouldn't have done much for the Anglo-American 'Special Relationship'.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well I will keep a look out for a much larger milk can with an accommodating seat just for you. Ill paint it all up and put it in the barn where you will have lots of privacy when ripping those handles off. Don't mind the chickens and turkeys, though.

Nice relics, and great restoration works!
    Boat and train related items are a weakspot as well!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

If you ever need any railroad lanterns from my area, like the Pennsylvania railroad, let me know they are always around and for sale. Some cheap, some not so cheap. Some small and some very large.

Something my grandmother past down to me, she too received it from her grandmother, Marie-Louise Soupart. The city of Paris gave this to her for her 100th birthday. She died in Paris at the age of 106!

CIMG8554.jpgCIMG8558.jpgCIMG8563.jpgCIMG8564.jpg

Her 100th birthday 15th of December 1985.

100ste vejaardag Marie-Louise.jpg

Here is a death notice of her husband César Soupart, he fouth in 14-18, where he was severely injured. He died in 1942. I'm now trying to find more information and some photos of him during his service time.

Doodsprentje César Soupart.jpgDoodsprentje César Soupart achterzijde.jpg

Just wanted to share this with you guys...

Best regards,
    Nick

Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 ... LastLast